Friday, October 10, 2014

JAI 235 Just add a colour combo

Hello there,
the flowers I used this week remind me of my garden at the moment. We have had a succession of trees blossom through a delightful array of pinks. Sadly the spring blossoms are gone but a lovely hue of bright green has settled over the garden and soon enough I will have roses too.  The challenge we have for you this week at Just Add Ink (with a little artistic license) is perfect for flowers - this week we want you to Just Add a Colour Combo.


I needed a birthday card for a pink loving friend so I pulled out my markers and got to work. Sweetbriar Rose has a real classic botanical art feel so I was aiming to capture that feel. 



I considered colouring the image direct on the pink cardstock but decided it would be too difficult to get the tones I needed for the colour challenge. So instead I stamped and then coloured the image on white cardstock then fussy cut it out. To finish the card off I added lots of little details to create a (blinged up) vintage botanical feel.

Do check out the rest of the DT for some gorgeous colour inspired creations. Hope you can join us.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Sweetbriar Rose, Express Yourself
Cardstock: Strawberry Slush, Blackberry Bliss, Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, White (X Press Blending)
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Blackberry Bliss, Soft Sky, Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Labels collection framelits, Spiral border punch, First Edition DSP (R), Copic markers, Piercing tool and mat, Gold sequin trim, Venetian crochet trim, Gold Baker's twine, Tombow multi, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

4 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Kim. I love your use of the challenge colours, and all the gorgeous gold touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!! I love those flowers and they go so perfectly with the hints of gold. We still have lots of blossoms here in New Zealand. All the cherry blossoms are coming out soon and they line the streets in the suburb where I live, so sometimes its like a petal snowstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so pretty and feminine. Love your colouring, love that you fussy cut and added another dimension to your card and all the bling looks fabulous xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Kim! Your colouring is amazing and I love the touches of gold.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!