Friday, October 24, 2014

JAI 237 Just add clear block stamping


Hello there,
well I was busy busy busy this week! But even if you are having a week like me do try and find the time to join us at Just Add Ink this week because we have a fun challenge - this week it is to Just Add Clear Block stamping. This is the technique where you ink up your actual block and use it as a stamp. The JAI DT have lots of fabulous examples of how you can use this technique and here is what I came up with.



And here is how I did it.
1) I inked up (I literally just patted my ink pads on the block) my largest clear block with green, blue and brown ink in roughly the pattern I wanted (I used the cover image of my World Map stamp set as a guide).



2) Spritzed with just the finest mist of water. Then I stamped.
3) Once dry I stamped my map image over the top. You can see the ink colours are not a perfect match for land/sea but it still looks good!

This was my Dad's birthday card this year - in his young days he rode a motorcycle. So I thought this would appeal to him. Most unusually for me I went with a very rich dark colour scheme but it seemed to suit the card so I went with it.

Hope you can join us. Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless noted
Stamps: World Map, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Motorcycle
Cardstock: Cherry Cobler, Basic Black, Naturals White, Vellum
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark
Accessories: Top Note BigZ die, Starburst framelits, Spiral Border punch, Black and White embossing powder, Cherry Cobler baker's twine, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press), Vellum tape (Scotch)



1 comment:

  1. So clever! The green and blue on the world may for land and water - you never disappoint with your creations Kim! A great way to show this technique and the card is beautiful too. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!