Friday, October 31, 2014

JAI 238 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
my card today was all about creating a dusky/dawn standing on the beach feel. Which turns out to be very appropriate as the kids and I went swimming a couple of times last weekend. Not at dawn I might although my beloved little munchkins did wake me up at dawn - urgh! Anyway this week the challenge at Just Add Ink is to Just Add a Sketch - here it is.


Even though I designed the sketch I decided to turn it 90 degrees - go figure - lol!



I wanted the chevron embossing to be graduated so rather than running the whole panel through my BigShot I pulled out my rolling pin and started at the top of the folder with lots of pressure then decreased the pressure the further I went down. However, the watercolour panel was intended to be the star - super simple to do with re inkers and a little water - and lots of fun too. The final touch was to emboss that wonderful big sunburst. 

I'm hoping you'll find this sketch fun and very versatile too - hope you can join in the fun at JAI this week. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT too for lots of wonderful inspiration!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless noted otherwise
Stamps: Kinda Eclectic, Afterthoughts
Cardstock: Island Indigo, Crushed Curry, Whisper White
Ink: Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Versamark
Accessories: Chevron embossing folder, Watercolour paper, Crushed Curry and White embossing powder, Doubled sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. This is just downright awesome, Kim!! The colours, the embossing technique(s), the placement of the sentiment - LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I love the way the water colour turned out, I just been on the net and seen a water colour demo, but I like your colours the best, great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!!! My oh My Kim this card is gorgeous!! I TOTALLY LOVE the watercolour sky and the sun and the sky and the sky and the.... WOW!!!! Super creative you are dear lady!!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a stunning card Kim. Absolutely love your chosen colours for water colouring and such a clever idea to use a rolling pin to give a graduated embossed effect - must try that. Just divine! xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally gorgeous Kim! I just love every detail & technique, you've created a real "wow" with this one. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just stunning, you've certainly captured the dusk/dawn sunset feel perfectly! And what a great idea using the rolling pin on your embossing folder, great effect :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!