Friday, October 17, 2014

JAI 236 Just add inspiration


Hello there,
we came home from a week away to a lovely almost summer like day perfect for slipping back into home life (and for doing washing) and then it was life back to normal this week as the kids went back to school. Luckily enough I was able to get my project for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge done before we left - just as well cause I sure haven't had time to do any crafting since we got home! 

This week the challenge is to Just Add Inspiration. Nikki found the great pictures to get us inspired this week.



I had a new feather set to play with, which was going to be perfect - and play I did getting very inky :)


I wanted to create a graduated background so I started by pulling out my brayer (I did say get inky) and worked my way through a whole spectrum of blues. All that wide open blue space made me a bit unsettled so I ended up overstamping text in versamark. I brought more colour in with my feathers - the green and gold from the inspiration photo. Then added more gold - and even pulled out my sewing machine! 

I had quite a bit of fun putting this one together :) Do check out the rest of the JAI DT for some inspirational inspiration! Hope you join us.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Four Feathers, Dictionary, Happy Day (R)
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party, Soft Sky, Pear Pizzazz, Wild Wasabi, Versamark
Accessories: Four Feathers framelits, 2 1/2" circle punch, Gold Fancy Foil Designer Vellum, Tea Lace Paper Dollies, White and Gold embossing powder, Gold Baker's twine, Gold thread, Sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Totally gorgeous Kim! Your brayered background is so smooth, it's beautiful!....Love everything about this card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE the graduated blues of the background, Kim (and had a giggle about you feeling 'unsettled' by the expanse of blue!); the overstamping adds gorgeous detail. The touches of gold are just beautiful. Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that blue background is divine, just absolutely beautiful. The over stamping looks great too and I really love the touches of gold - such a lovely finish to your card. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!