Friday, October 3, 2014

JAI 234 Just add Baby

Hello there,
I've had a lovely week this week. It's been warm and that has meant cups of tea in the garden and the school holidays has meant time to have cups of tea in the garden :) The deal I made with the kids was that I'll take them out for activities in the morning and the afternoon we'd be at home and they'd have to occupy themselves.  What are you going to be doing Mum? they asked. Stamp was my answer!! Cause I'm on holiday too - lol!

This week we have a very useful challenge at Just Add Ink  - it's Just add Baby. One of the girls on the JAI DT is expecting her first bub very soon (how exciting!!) and to celebrate we decided a baby challenge was the perfect thing :) So please join us and show us your baby projects.

Since we don't know if bub is going to be a boy or girl I made one of each.

Here's the girl version



And the boy version



As you can see they both follow the same plan but I just changed up the colours and decorative details on each. The concept started with knowing I wanted to do an emboss resist effect with the big scale sentiment. I've been pulling out a watercolour paper a bit recently and it's been fun to combine it with reinkers and seeing how it all turns out! I carried the themes through to the inside using the new SU! stencils to created the sponged spotty/starry patterns.

Do check out the rest of the JAI DT for lots of baby inspiration! Hope you can join us.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless noted otherwise
Stamps: Big News
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Early Expresso, Blushing Bride, Rose Red, Very Vanilla
Ink: Island Indigo, Lost Lagoon, Soft Sky, Early Expresso, Rose Red, Crisp Cantaloupe, Blushing Bride, Versamark
Accessories: Watercolor paper, Apothecary Accents framelits, Starburst framelits, Large Polka Dot and Lucky Stars embossing folders, Hearts and Stars and Dots and Stripes stencils, Early Expresso and Gold baker's twine, Gold sequin trim, 2013-15 In color sequin assortment, White and Gold embossing powder,Tombow multi,  Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press) 


6 comments:

  1. Kim I love how your cards a similar but yet so different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are both gorgeous Kim and I love how easily they adapted to either boy or girl.
    And I hope you did get some stamping time in, us parents seem to spend so much of 'our' holidays catering to the kids' social lives and don't often get as much downtime for ourselves as we would like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the insides of the cards are just as cute as the card fronts! These are awesome, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a much better job than me my friend - I made my two cards exactly the same. Love the differences you've made to each of this pair - I can't even choose a favourite. Both gorgeous xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you putting a dollar each way Kim? Both lovely cards and a terrific use of the sentiment! Popped over via the JAI blog today for a peek at your creation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Same, same but different! LOL Oh My Goodness girl - you rock! Both very cute cards. Have a cuppa for me, I would love to be sipping tea with you in your garden - one day maybe! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!