Friday, May 26, 2017

JAI #361 Choose Two


Hello there,
ooh so exciting! We get to do watercoloring this week at Just Add Ink! Watercoloring is one of our Just Choose Two options for the new challenge. Kelly suggested a fun combo for us! 


I tried my hand at no-line watercoloring again. It turned out..ok..even a little nice but I think I have some development to go. But that's ok. I kind of like the idea even, cause it means I can do more watercoloring which is a really zen-like peaceful thing to do! 



I did pike out of no-line watercoloring my flower on the inside though.


I did fuss around (quite a lot) with how I was going to present my water coloured flower. I wanted it to be the focus, so didn't want to add too many distractions, but at the same time I wanted to frame it a little. The perfect solution turned out to be some delicate vellum leaves (inspired by the ones peeping out from Patrice's lovely flower card for last week's Just Add Ink challenge). 

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's fun Choose Two projects and then come back and show us what you chose!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Birthday Blooms, Diagonal Stripe, Wood Words
Cardstock: Real Red, Pool Party, Whisper White, Basic Black, Vellum
Ink: Cherry Cobler, Pool Party, Garden Green, Lemon Lime Twist, Versamark, Crushed Curry, Powder Pink
Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Rose Garden thinlets, Classic Label punch, Prismacolour pencils, Watercolour paper, Gold glimmer paper, White embossing powder, Metallic sequins, Fine tip glue pen, Dimensionals
SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful Kim! Your no line colouring is more than ok, it's divine! You've achieved so much texture and dimension to create a stunning focal point for your card, is there anything you can do..:0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww how fabulous that I inspired you, the Queen of gorgeousness! Your no line colouring is awesome, I'm hoping for a lesson or two from you one of these days. Your card is stunning, Kim - do you get sick of me telling you that? You did a fabulous job of presenting your flower as the focus! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so gorgeous Kim! Your no line colouring is stunning! So much detail and dimension and I love the definition you've achieved without lines. The stitching details and vellum and glimmer frame your lovely bloom so beautifully too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. hI Kim, thanks for your lovely comment. Love your blog and inspiring cards and makes. Nice to meet another Aussie too and you are not far from me [Newcastle]. Had to join as a follower of your blog...cheers, [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!