Friday, May 5, 2017

JAI #358 Stitching


Well hello there,
life has been non-stop for the last few weeks. Even with the school routine starting it didn't slow down, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will next week though! Luckily, I had the perfect project for this week's new Just Add Ink challenge ready to share. This was one of the samples I made for my Product Spotlight presentation at the SU! OnStage event back in April. I promise I will get around to blogging the others soon! This week the challenge, from Rochelle, is to Just Add Stitching (Real or Faux).


I finished my presentation with two stepped up projects that showed how to use the new Color Theory suite with other SU! sets. I love to pull out the sewing machine so stitching was featured on both cards. Here's the first using stitching as an accent.


The inside. Eeek the colour is completely off in my inside shot, but then again I took the photo at 7 am on a wintery Autumn morning!




Now I get to show you my other project. This time using stitching to add a vellum layer, and I couldn't resist adding some glimmer faux sequins too to create a shaker element.


Anyone wondering how I got the leaf vein effect (there is no vein stamp for the smaller leaf in Colorful Seasons)? First ink up your little leaf stamp, then kiss it to the large leaf vein detail stamp. That takes the ink off your little leaf in a perfect vein pattern!! I was very chuffed to discover this!!! One point to note is that it works better if you have less ink on your little leaf rather than more.

Stitching whether it real or faux adds such great texture and detail to your projects, hope you can join us this week and show us how you have used stitching. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DTs awesome stitching projects too.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Blossom Jar card
Stamps: Colorful Seasons, Jar of Love, Diagonal Stripes
Cardstock: Flirty Flamingo, Berry Burst, Whisper White, Basic Black
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Rose Red, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Stazon Black
Accessories: Everyday Jars Framelits, Seasonal Layers Thinlets, Sponge Brayer, Window sheet, Clear embossing powder, Silver glimmer paper, Sewing machine, Journalling pen, 1/8 handheld circle punch, Basic Black Baker's twine, Clear Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape, Fine Tip Glue pen

Dragonfly card
Stamps: Colorful Seasons, Dragonfly Dreams
Cardstock: Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Dapper Denim, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Rose Red, Crushed Curry, Old Olive
Accessories: Seasonal Layers Thinlets, Detailed Dragonfly Thinlets, Silver foil, Gold glimmer, 1/8" handheld circle punch, sewing machine, Clear Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape 
SaveSave

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Kim. Your layers and detail are fabulous and so beautifully executed...I bet they were a hit at On Stage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards! The stitching on each of them really adds to the overall appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, Kim! These cards are stunning! I love them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these cards are stunning Kim and I love both the effects the stitching add. Your abundance of blooms in the first one is so lovely and I adore your eye catching dragonfly in the second too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of these are works of art!!! Gorgeous layers and detail Kim~

    ReplyDelete
  6. More beautiful cards from you, Kim. I love the stitching you add. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kim. Those cards are stunning. You have totally nailed that set, that's for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing cards Kim! Can't wait to see the rest!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!