Friday, May 12, 2017

JAI #359 Inspiration


Hello there,
Mother's Day is this weekend. So my task this week was to make Mother's day cards (one for my Mum and one for my MIL). With that in mind the challenge this week at Just Add Ink was just perfect to help me on my way. The fact that I picked the inspiration pic for our Just Add Inspiration challenge is just pure co-incidence ;)



Here's the inspiration pic. You can use the colours, patterns, or objects from the inspiration picture for your project. This is what I came up with.


For this butterfly I used Powder Pink, Melon Mambo and Berry Burst.


But wait there's more ;)
This one is for my MIL. She has a real thing for more peachy/ salmon colours so for her version I used Flirty Flamingo for the base and Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo and Berry Burst for the butterfly.



Both of these are pretty straightforward. Brayer a gradient background (for me that was capturing the change from dark to light in the inspiration photo). Splatter some gold flecks on it and add a few tiny faint butterflies. The one point to note is that I stamped my butterflies on watercolor paper and to really enhance the watercolour feel went over the stamped images with my aqua painter. That pulled the ink out and created some lovely cloudy colour merging effects. Lots of vellum and gold accents finish the cards off.

Do you need a Mother's Day card or just a flower inspired card for a friend. Then join us in the challenge this week. But before you do check out the rest of the DT's beautiful creations.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim 

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Watercolor Wings, Oh So Succulent
Cardstock: Berry Burst, Bermuda Bay, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party, Whisper White, Shimmery White, Vellum
Ink: Berry Burst, Melon Mambo, Powder Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Fresh Fig, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Soft Sky
Accessories: Bold Butterfly Framelits, Butterflies Thinlets, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Layering Circles Framelits, Fabulous Foil Designer Acetate, Gold Glimmer paper, Neutrals DSP stack, Gold Wink of Stella, Gold metallic twine, Sponge brayer, Sewing machine, Tear and tape, Dimensionals


4 comments:

  1. OMG - absolutely amazing Kim. I love the clean lines against the soft background. Totally CASEing these! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow Kim! Your layered butterflies and gold details are stunning and I adore your background details - your tiny stamped butterflies are such a gorgeous touch. Happy Mothers Day to you :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Your colour choices and eye for detail is really beautiful Kim...They are both really beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly stunning, Kim! I love your colour choices. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!