Friday, June 16, 2017

JAI #364 Inspiration


Well hello there,
its been a busy week but I was able to start it feeling relaxed and as though I had achieved a lot. That was due to the fact that we had a long weekend, oh my I enjoyed that! Sadly, what I achieved a lot of was not stamping, fingers crossed for next week, but I did get a project done for the new challenge at Just Add Ink. This week Kelly has asked us to Just Add Inspiration. Here's the picture. I think you'll find lots to work with here!



I took the challenge pretty literally this week. I only recently, gasp, ordered the copper foil for the first time so I decided to make a jar using that.






Did you spot the new brick pattern decorative mask and embossing paste? It proved to be super easy to work with and dried very quickly. I used the vase and colours from the picture as my main inspiration, but lightened it all up to give a much fresher, brighter feel. Lots more white and lots more yellow. I had to add a little of the grey tones though, and the strip of Wood Textures DSP at the bottom was the perfect way to ground the jar.

The Just Add Ink DT have a fabulous array of projects so do go check them out and then join us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Jar of Love, Number of Years
Cardstock: Garden Green, Crushed Curry, So Saffron, Whisper White
Ink: Garden Green, Crushed Curry, Daffodil Delight, So Saffron, Versamark
Accessories: Everyday Jar framelits, Bunch of Banners framelits, Large Number framelits, Sewing machine, Copper foil, White and Clear embossing powder, Crushed Curry baker's twine, Pattern Party decorative mask, Embossing paste, Tree builder punch, Pearl basic jewels, Glue dots, Dimensionals, Tear and tape

SaveSave

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous dimension and arrangement Kim! The inside is just as impressive~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card! I haven't ordered anything copper yet except for the new trim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty Kim! Your texture details in your lovely background wall teamed with the super shiny copper vase is such a "wow "effect and I love the dimension and fullness of your arrangements both inside and out too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous and effective is the embossing on the copper. Love the details Kim and your inside is a whole other card on its own...Beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! Your copper jar looks fabulous and the white on white brick wall stenciling adds so much interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Kim - inside & out!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Kim, have to agree with Kelly inside and out

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!