Friday, June 9, 2017

JAI 363 Anniversary



Hello there,
well winter has hit and it is definitely chilly but we have also had the most beautiful sunny days. The gorgeous weather pulls me outside for a walk and after that I'm more than happy to stay inside and craft as it gets chilly. That's not a bad combination really! (This week was also the week my new catty BBB arrived :o but since I was working you'll have to wait a bit longer till you see any projects.) Of course I do have something for the new Just Add Ink challenge - this week Chantell has challenged us to Just Add Anniversary. We all need anniversary cards sometimes so this is a great chance to get one in your stash for right when you need it!



I mulled my design over and over and over! Couldn't make up my mind, had an idea, started to craft and came up with something different - go figure! Here's how it turned out.



I started by having a play and 'smooshing' my background with Powder Pink and Real Red ink. After drying that I flicked some water on it to add a little more texture. The last touch was to stamp faint repeated lines of hearts down the card and then flick Wink of Stella over the whole thing. The top layer is a big red glimmer heart that is overlaid with a banner sentiment. I needed to introduce some colour to the banner so I used my copic markers to add some ombre shading. The heart is off set with floral sprays and flowers. A little stitching detail and some new sparkly sequins (loving those tiny wee ones!) finish it all off. After agonising for days (not joking!) the design in the end actually came together quite quickly and I'm all set for my parent's wedding anniversary later this year!

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's project for lots of inspiration!
Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Jar of Love, Birthday Blooms, Banners for You
Cardstock: Real Red, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White
Ink: Powder Pink, Blushing Bride, Real Red, Melon Mambo, Lemon Lime Twist, Garden Green, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Bunch of Banners framelits, Everyday Jars framelits, Hearts Collection framelits (R), Red glimmer paper, Watercolor paper, Clear Wink of Stella, Clear embossing powder, Copic markers,  Iridescent sequins, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape

7 comments:

  1. WOW! This card is awesome! I'm sure your parents will treasure it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So stunning Kim! Your background details are amazing as are all your layers from the stitching added to your heart, the colour to your sentiment to your vibrant little posies. A very special card for your parents' anniversary. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful Kim! All those colouring features! Love the background and the banner - so creative!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous anniversary card! I love the background and how you positioned the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes very often where I start with a card is not where I end up. Absolutely love your card, so artsy and loving all the elements x Your parents are going to love your personal and unique card. Thank you for the inspiration. Yes walking and then crafting sounds good to me!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Kim! This really packs a punch. So full of colour & details, & I absolutely love the colour variation on your banner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning as always Kim. Some how this makes me thing of the Rockabilly's and their beautiful tattoo's. Such a gorgeous card!! Chlo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!