Friday, March 8, 2013

JAI 156 Just add a colour combo

Hello there,
thankfully this weekend was a bit more relaxed than the last few - mostly. I did try my first zumba class - and survived - lol!  With no events planned I seized the chance to use some new stamping goodies, which is what I also did for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge. And this week we have a colour challenge for you.
How to mix these colours did take a bit of pondering.But I knew I needed a thank you card for a friend so that was the goal.

I was itching to play with my honeycomb folder so that came out, I rubbed some white ink over the embossing to bring the pattern out and then dripped and sprayed a shiny spray mist over it. The thanks went centre stage in a recessed oval accented with a flourish and some flowers. Some ribbon and buttons finish it all off. So sweet, CAS - my way that is and with lots of texture - love that!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Oh, Hello, Vintage Labels
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Raseberry Ripple, Whisper White
Ink: Early Expresso, Bashful Blue, Raseberry Ripple, Whisper White
Accessories: Honeycomb embossing folder, Ovals Collection framelits, Naturals Designer Buttons, Early Expresso bakers twine, 1 1/4" Bashful Blue stitched grosgrain ribbon (R), Calico Shine spray ink (Mister Huey), Jewels - pearls, Dimensionals, Double sided tape

6 comments:

  1. Kim this is a lovely card!
    You are right that honeycomb embossing folder is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there lovely Kim!
    WOW this card is sooooo pretty!!! The center piece is totally awesome, those pretty little flowers at the base is also gorgeous and the shimmer with the honeycomb..... PERFECTION!!!!
    LOVE IT CLEVER LADY!!!!
    HUgs and smiles to you!
    SMiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely card my friend. You've combined these colours so well - I was a bit stumped myself lol. As usual you spoil me, and it has pride of place where everyone can see it. Love it.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Kim. I love the way you've used your new SU! goodies, and the ribbon treatment is the perfect finishing touch - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the inky/spray embossing effects Kim and your ribbon treatment looks fantastic, such a great idea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Kim. Love the cut out with the peaking flowers and ribbon trim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!