Monday, July 12, 2010

Inkspirations 31 - Sweet Always Birthday


Hi everyone,

I'm back this week with a card for Makeesha Byl's weekly challenge. This week it was a sketch.


And here is my card...




This took me two takes - although I was pretty happy with my first version but Miss 5 gave it the thumbs down, and since its intended as a birthday card for one of her friends I thought I had better have a second go. I did find this sketch rather challenging, its definitely not one that came to me naturally and as a consequence I did jiggle the width of some of the layers around but I figure that still counts. Being a little girls card pink was the way to go so I pulled out my Sweet Always DSP and found two patterns to mix and match for the different layers, then layered those onto a Very Vanilla mat and then a Rose Red base to up the pink factor. For the other three horizontal layers on the card I added two vanilla punched borders (Apron Lace - love it), and a strip of wide Rose Red ribbon. All of those were adhered in the right order (well the one I'd settled on ;) then sponged around the edges with Regal Rose and then I stitched around the edge of the panels with pink sewing thread. To finished off the card I added a flower/ sentiment embellishment, as per sketch. I punched a 2" scalloped circle in Rose Red, then sueded the layers apart, on top of those I added two Pink Piruoette Felt Fusion Too flowers, then the circle sentiment, another Rose Red fusion flower then a rhinestone brad. The final touch - some Old Olive greenery. The inside was just finished off simply to match.

Thanks for visiting :)

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Think Happy Thoughts
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Rose Red
Ink: Regal Rose
Accessories: Sweet Always DSP, Felt Fusion, Felt Fusion Too, Two Step Bird Punch, 1" circle punch, Apron Lace border punch (Fyskars), 2" circle scallop punch (EK Success), Fire Rhinestone brad, sewing machine



2 comments:

  1. This is a great and wonderfully pink card!! I really like the flower you've made Kim, super job!! And the sewing is really awesome!! Oh and I love the way you always put that little bit extra in the side of your cards! Beautiful!
    Hope you are well,
    Smiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colour and pattern combination! Thanks for playing with the Inkspirations challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!