Thursday, April 29, 2010

Hop to it for an ESAD Mothers Day Blog Hop



Good Morning everyone!
I hope you’re ready for the ESAD Blog Hop! Better go grab yourself a cuppa as you’ll be hopping for a while!


What is ESAD you say?
ESAD stands for Extra Special Australian (and New Zealand) Demonstrators and it is an online group just for Australian and New Zealand demonstrators for Stampin’ Up!
We so love what we do and not only do we love to share it with our customers, friends and wonderful blog visitors but we share our love for what we do with each other as Demonstrators. We run swaps, challenges, tutorials, product know how and cyberstamps and we are always there to help and support each other when its needed.
So if you are a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator located in Australia or New Zealand then please feel free to click
here to join our wonderful group.

OK lets get started. I put together a few little things using alot of the lucious new goodies in the new SU! Autumn/ Winter mini catalogue. First up a little bird house into which you can tuck a little gift.




I have CASEd this idea from the talented Jo Wimbourne in the UK. She even included a tutorial on her blog running you through how to construct it. I wanted to use the new Cottage Wall DSP so I started off making the bird house base from Orchid Opulence, then added a roof of Old Olive, decorated with Cottage Wall roofing, sponged on the scalloped edges with Old Olive. Special little embellishment touches include stamping the window sheet with the little flower from Cheep Talk in White Stazon. Of course I used the new bird punch to decorate the front. (So fun to use) Old Olive for the branch, the bird in Rich Razzleberry, with a white layer to highlight it and its wing in DSP to match the roof. Lastly another flower inked in Orchid Opulence and rock and rolled in Razzleberry with an Old Olive brad. The final touch a little library clip to hold the roof on with a knot of the new dotty Razzleberry ribbon. The bird house is just the right size to tuck in some buttons or perhaps chocolate coated coffee beans. Hmmm which one will it be?

To go with the bird house I made a fun card using the new scallop circle die. I just love how simple it is to cut some folded cardstock with the die - and you have a card just like magic!!




Once again I started with an Orchid Opulence base, cut the card with my scallop die, then tucked the front into the new SU! Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder. OK next step was to stamp six petals with the new A Little Treat set in Rich Razzleberry. Then punch a 1 3/4 inch circle in the card front so I could slip through a sweet treat cup. I partially filled the cup with a selection of beads, raided with permission from my Miss 5's bead collection. I sealed up the back, with some Whisper White stamped with little Orchid and Razzleberry flowers, covered over on the inside with a larger circle of Orchid Opulence to blend in the front. Ok back to the front, I SNAILed the six petals into place evenly around the sweet treat cup. To give the flower some ompf I also stamped six of the little leaves from the set in Old Olive, slipped their ends into the 1 3/4 inch circle punch so I could fit them around the cup on the petal intersections, mounted up on dimensionals. Some Old Olive ribbon tied round near the fold with a little sentiment tag fastened on finish off the front.
I have one last piece - a little bag I made using the scallop circle die and the new Vintage Vogue set. I'm rather proud of this one as I came up with the idea of how to make it myself (although I'm sure it must have been done before).




This time I used the new in colour Melon Mambo (so very nice). I started by cutting some folded MM with the scallop circle die, then I scored and folded the cardstock two scallops in from either side of the original fold. Into this cradle of sorts I inserted a little box of Pumpkin Pie just small enough that you can't see it round the scalloped sides. (Well unless you look side on ;) Before I sticky striped everything together I rolled the Mambo cardstock with Mambo ink using the Very Vintage wheel. It has a gorgeous vintage pattern but I figure that is no reason to not use it with bright colours too. The handle is an A4 length of Mambo scalloped down both sides and also rolled with Very Vintage. I attached that to the sides using the round tab punch, a pumpkin flower and a Designer flower brad. Lastly I decorated the front with flowers and leaves from Vintage Vogue stamped in Pumpkin Pie, Melon Mambo and Old Olive.

I hope you liked my SU! Autumn/Winter mini inspired Mother's Day projects.

If you've enjoyed the ESAD hop so far then please continue.

You should have come from Kelly and the next hopper to visit is Jan. There are 16 of us in the todays hop and don't forget if you leave a comment on every post then email Sharlene
stampwithsharlene@hotmail.com and let her know as we have blog candy on offer.

Thanks for visiting, please come again.
Kim

Sharelene Meyer www.magpiecreates.com
Kelly Nelson www.Kellysstampinspot.wordpress.com
Kim Badelt www.kimsstampingspot.blogspot.com
Jan McAnulty www.cardcaperswithjan.wordpress.com
Megan Mcdonald www.megan-finishingtouches.blogspot.com
Narelle Hodges www.stampwithnarelle.blogspot.com
Kristine Thompson www.inkspotcreations.com
Kylie Swain www.kraftykylie.typepad.com/blossom_designs
Rachel Jackson www.havefunstamping.blogspot.com
Nicky Adamson www.nickyadamson.blogspot.com
Kari Hughes www.karigail.wordpress.com
Vicki Were www.stmpinvickistyle.blogspot.com
Clare McLlhatton www.craftycowcreations.blogspot.com
Lisa Bullock www.daffyscrapper.wordpress.com
Wendy Todd www.stampwithwendy.com.au
Jenny Humphreys www.stampinbytheseatofmypants.blogspot.com
Recipes
Birdhouse

Stamps:Cheep Talk

Cardstock: Orchid Opulence, Old Olive, Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Ink: White Stazon, Old Olive
Accessories: Cottage Wall DSP, Scallop border punch, sponge dauber, Clips assortment, Rich Razzleberry Polka Dotted Grosgrain ribbon, Two Step Bird punch, Window Sheet, Glue Dots, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Tombow
Scallop Card
Stamps: A Little Treat, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Cheep talk
Cardstock: Orchid opulence, Whisper White, Old Olive
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Accessories: Scallop Circle BigZ die, SU! Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, narrow Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Circle Scissors Plus, Medium Jewelery tag, Sweet treat cup, beads (local craft shop), embroidery thread, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Dotto
Scallop Bag
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Very Vintage
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Accessories: Scallop Circle BigZ die, Scallop edge border punch, Flower designer brads, Round Tab punch, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive




16 comments:

  1. What can I say? These are fantastic. Love them all, I always love how your things are so bright and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow Kim ... what lovely projects and how nice is that birdhouse? think i need to be making me one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these are all fantastic, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful, colourful projects - love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your projects and like others have said - it's refreshing to see such bright and cheery colours. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what wonderful creations, they are all so great, i love the colour combinations
    Sharna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous creations Kim! love the sweet treat cup with the beads on the card! Thanks for sharing, K :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful treats, you are very talented. I love your birdy, it is sooo cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I just love your beautiful creations! The bird house is simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome stuff ... have added you to my 'must watch' list. I love your colour combinations. What camera do you use to take the pics? They are so clear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fantastic projects! I love the flower with the beads in the center.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your projects are gorgeous, and I must say I got severely side tracked looking at the rest of your posts, so many wonderful projects and ideas. :)If only i didn't have to work and could start on the now :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is the best design I have seen withthe treat sweet set. Wow

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the birdhouse, love the box, LOVE the sweet treat cup filled with beads! It looks absolutely fabulous :D

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the box it is so cute and adorable. Keep up the good work!

    vee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!