Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Night Train


Hi there,

Well its time again for Makeesha’s weekly challenge – this week a colour challenge. Here is her colour pick.

And here is my card.




It looked like a nice combo. Since I had a nice little boys set awaiting its first inking (Choo Choo) I went with a boys card. For some reason my concept for this card was a quilted bedspread with the train traveling across it. Then again may’be it’s because I just went to the Craft and Quit Show last week. The card itself is pretty simple, the base is Bashful Blue layered with Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla. I used my 1 ¼ inch square punch to get 6 squares each of Certainly Celery DSP and Bashful Blue DSP (from Spring Showers), then laid them out in an alternating grid. I used my white gel pen to faux stitch around the edge of each square. I stamped three of the train sections in Pumpkin Pie on Very Vanilla, cut them out and again went around the edges with my white gel pen. I also rolled out the train tracks and paper toiled a stretch of them out too. The tracks were SNAILed straight onto the “quilt” background while the train carriages and puffs of smoke are all up on dimensionals. To give the card some extra dimension I crimped the end of the Very Vanilla layer, as well as the lower layer of the sentiment banner. Basically Bashful Blue buttons with threads of Pumpkin and Bashful Blue cardstock finish it off. Oh and I also tried to give the train carriages some extra shadowing using inkpad lid ink and an aquapainter before finally adding some crystal effects over the top.

Well wishing you all a good week and a touch of spring like the first daffodils we have in our garden.

Recipe: All SU unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Choo Choo, Birthday Whimsy (R)
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Ink: Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Crimper, 1 1/4 " square punch, White Gel Pen, Bashful Blue buttons (R), Certainly Celery DSP (R), Spring Showers DSP (R), Crystal effects, SNAIL adhesive, Dimensionals

6 comments:

  1. Great card Kim! I love the stitching on the train & the puff of smoke on the button - very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute card. I think I need that stamp set, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your cute card Kim!! But all that cutting out must have taken a while!!!! It is well worth all the effort though and the stitching is a great finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really fab!! Love how you have used this set - beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - look at the cutting! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH how GORGEOUS is that train set!! I LOVE your patch work on the background Kim, and the adorable little buttons really set it all off! I love it. Thanks so much for playing! Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!