Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bella Rose Birthday


Hi all,
yep back again so soon. I actually got my card done for Makeesha's sketch challenge a couple of days ago, as I needed a birthday card for my daugther to take to a party ASAP. Since the computer is still in Mr 1.5's room and I was making the card Sat night, and I hadn't printed the sketch out I had to match by memory to the sketch. Speaking of which - here it is:

Now the card....



I went through my DSP's looking for something that a 5 yo girl would like and that also had a smallish pattern on it as I wanted to do some paper piecing. Some of the Bella Rose DSP turned out to be perfect for that. I also wanted to use a lovely stamp set I picked up a few months ago - Anna Mae from Our Craft Lounge. First I stamped Anna using Black Stazon on Whisper White then also onto the DSP, then I paper toiled out - her hair bow, her dress and shoes. I just used SNAIL on the various pieces to adhere them to her. Using inkpad lids and the aquapainter I coloured in her hair, arms, legs, face and dress collar. Using my oval nestabilities I cut Anna out and also gave her a Pink Pirouette frame and then layered that onto a Riding Hood Red scalloped frame. To give the card some dimension I also stamped the present in the set on Kiwi cardstock as well as DSP, then paper toiled out the ribbon and bow and adhered that over the present. To represent the three elements Keesh put on the bottom right (well top right for me as I have turned the sketch around) I stamped three balloons on Kiwi Kiss cardstock and then cut very thin strips of black cardstock as strings and trailed those down the side the scalloped frame. The balloons and present were mounted up on dimensionals as is the sentiment, from Think Happy Thoughts. I used my black marker to ink up half the birthday stamp, stamped it on Whisper white, used circle punches to trim it out and then layered it onto Kiwi cardstock which I also trimmed with circle punches and just by eye using scissors. That was mounted above Anna's hands on dimensionals as well. It's not the simplest card perhaps but I was very happy with how it turned out and to be honest I guess I just enjoy all that fiddly little stuff!

Thanks for visiting...recipe is just below.

Kim
Recipe: All SU unless noted otherwise
Stamps: Anna Mae (Our Craft Lounge), Favourite Teddy Bear (R), Think Happy Thoughts
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black
Ink: Black Stazon, Chocolate Chip, Blush Blosson, Riding Hood Red
Accessories: Bella Rose DSP, Oval Nestabilities, Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon, assorted circle punhes for trimming sentiment, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape

9 comments:

  1. I like how you turned the sketch on its side! It looks cool!

    Cindy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your card this is adoreable

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the paper piecing, especially on her hair ribbon and shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great "spin" on this card! ... LOL!!! Totally adorable! xxx Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the paper Piecing and colours!! good job!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous creation Kim! Awesome job with the paper piecing
    N x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH WOW Kim, this is gorgeous! I love how you turned the sketch around and all the added elements like her holding the banner! Just fabulous as always! Thanks so much for playing. Love Keesh x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi KIm love your card its so gorgeous my little granddaughter would love this her name is bella
    love your blog all the best
    happy stamping Teresa Brown
    http://teresastampingontherun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!