Friday, October 29, 2021

Just Add Ink #578 Sketch

 



Hello there,
we are fast heading towards Christmas, you may have already noticed a trend towards Christmas cards her on the blog so don't expect that to change. This week at Just Add Ink, Narelle is asking us to Just Add a Sketch. Here's the sketch.



And here is how my project turned out.



It took me a while to mull over what elements I wanted to use on the right hand side, but once I settled on a tree, I knew I wanted a deer to be curled at the bottom. That peaceful scene led me to the sentiment.

For the tree I pulled out my Pine Wood dies, there is no outline stamps for the tree die, so having die cut a tree I just drew in the 'stamped' lines myself. Then coloured with Blends. The scene led itself to a rustic background so I embossed a woodgrain background then splattered that with Wink of Stella and white gouache. The rectangle panel in the sketch acts as a grounding element for my scene and sentiment. To add a bit of Christmas bling I gold embossed the sentiment (which is very challenging to capture in a photo) and added a gold metallic enamel star from my stash. 

I feel like the simple design and neutral colours suits the peaceful 'nature' feel the project has.

The Just Add Ink DT have lots of fabulous projects to show you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Peaceful Deer, Peace and Joy (R)
Dies: Stitched So Sweetly, Joy (R), Pinewood (r)
Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Night of Navy, Crumb Cake
Ink: Night of Navy, Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark
Accessories: Blends (Shaded Spruce, Granny Apple Green, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake), Timber embossing folder, Gold embossing powder, Heat Tool, Metallic Enamel Shapes (R), Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape, Big Shot die cutting machine (R), White gouache


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!