Friday, July 24, 2020

Just Add Ink #515 Mixed Media




Hello there,
things are really rather chilly here right now, especially as one our heaters wasn't working this week (thank goodness for hot water bottles is all I can say!) So it's been a good time to snuggle down (with the hot water bottle) and work on my project for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Jan has asked us to Just Add Mixed Media. 





I added quite a few different media's to this card:
watercoloured the background in two layers, then splattered with ink and wink of Stella
cut four layers of the frame and glued them together to create a chipboard thickness element
watercoloured the flowers and added extra depth and details with coloured pencils
added a stencilled shimmery embossing paste design
heat embossed the 'fabulous' sentiment
added twine and faceted gems

To add all these elements did take time as quite a few needed drying time, but it was fun to add and play, although at one point adding pencil to my main flower I thought I'd stuffed it all up but fortunately it turned out well in the end.

Do go and check out the rest of the Just Add Ink DT for some fun and fabulous mixed media projects.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.



Retired SU!: Big shot die cutting machine, From my Heart faceted gems

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!