Friday, June 12, 2015

JAI #266 Just add a colour combo



Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink it's time for a colour challenge! Nikki has come up with a lovely colour combo that I'm sure will delight you. 


Bold stripes is what popped into my mind and so this is what I ended up with.


One to show you the flowery dimension.

The inside.

I simply layered strips of Night of Navy over a white card base eyeballing an even spacing With a bold base I needed something bold on top. First a big scrolly sentiment, then a big flowery cluster and lots of gold foliage. To give the flowers some more depth I sponged Pink Pirouette ink over the centres of the white embossed detail.

Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous creations. Hope you can join us.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Petal Potpourri (R), Hello There (R), Petite Petals
Cardstock: Whisper White, Night of Navy, Pink Pirouette
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Night of Navy, Versamark
Accessories: Flower Frenzy BigZ die, Flower Medallion punch, Petite Petals punch, Classic Circle Nestabilities (Spellbinder), Gold Foil, White embossing powder, Jewels- Rhinestones, Sponge, Double sided tape (X Press)

8 comments:

  1. Just stunning Kim! Love the stripes, love the pops of gold and love the flower clusters! Just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim this is gorgeous! Your bold stripes are fabulous and the layered flowers simply stunning with the gold leaves! I've finally ordered Petal Potpourri and will be looking to case this beautiful card :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a bold & gorgeous card, Kim. The striped paper looks so dramatic & the cluster of flowers & leaves balances it perfectly. Your imagination & ability to combine elements amazes me. Love!
    Hugs, D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do I start...I love this card. The bold stripes are fabulous, and your layered flowers just divine, particularly because you've embossed them in white - it gives a subtle and striking look. xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. So bold and beautiful Kim! Love that pretty flower detail, so effective embossed in white...I love everything about this stunner! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Kim - I love so much about it. I love the bold striped background and the white embossed flowers - what a great idea - it give a whole new look and feel to the flowers. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful and love all the layers of those gorgeous pink flowers. I love the way you used the colours and the striped paper is genius with all the floral wonder. And to see that you did the inside of the card as well......your amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just stunning Kim! I love the way you've used the colours. The blue and white stripey background really makes those pretty flowers and leave pop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!