Friday, May 29, 2015

JAI #264 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
another week has whizzed past - seriously how can it be the end of May!!! I'm hoping it will slow down a little as we pull into the weekend - ever the optimist I can hope can't I. I do know I'm likely to catch up with a couple of friends so that is a good thing. Hopefully the weekend will give you some time to join us for the new Just Add Ink challenge. This week we want you to Just Add a Sketch. This week the challenge is from me :)


This was a little something I came up with for my MIL for her birthday.



I created the base mat by die cutting the large butterfly (from SU! Butterflies thinlet dies) and temporarily adhering it while I misted Blushing Bride over the top. I then removed my mask and set the mat aside to dry. After that all it took was to add a few additional stamped details over the top and build up my central butterfly medallion. I did scrunch up the two scallop circles to add a little extra texture and bling. I'm going to miss the rich gold of the Champagne glimmer paper!

Hope you can join us this week. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT for lots of fabulous inspiration.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless noted
Stamps: Butterfly Basics, Gorgeous Grunge
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride, Naturals White
Ink: Calypso Coral, Wild Wasabi, Blushing Bride
Accessories: Butterflies thinlets dies, Project Life cards and labels framelits, Champagne Glimmer paper, 1 1/4" and 7/8" scallop circle punches, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, Old Olive bakers twine, Jewels- rhinestones, Isocol, Double sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals, Dotto (R)

5 comments:

  1. This Butterfly Basics set is fast becoming my favourite. It looks great in this card and the masked butterfly on the mat looks wonderful - I might borrow the ideas sometime, if that's ok. Thanks for your encouragement over the month. I've loved every challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous Kim! I just love the detail and softness in the background you have created and the addition of the glimmer and die cut butterfly too. The inside is stunning too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and love how you always remember the inside of the card. And that butterfly is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you have done the masked butterfly Kim - great effect, the spritzing around it is perfect. Chantell x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous butterfly. Loving that gold bling banner. Not to mention the soft background....x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!