Friday, May 8, 2015

JAI# 261 Just add Inspiration

Hello there,
well it has been a busy, but good, two weeks. First school holidays and then off to meet up with many of the Just Add Ink girls at the SU! South Pacific Inspire, Create, Share convention. Catching up with them is always a highlight of my year :)

Now it's time to get back into normal routines and that means it's time for a new Just Add Ink challenge - this week we want you to Just Add Inspiration. Trish found these lovely photos to inspire us. You can pick one or many elements out and use them in your project - the colours, patterns, objects. Here's the inspiration picture.




And this is what I came up with. Something special for my Mum for a milestone birthday.





I was trying to create a leafy branch scene - just as in the inspiration photo. It occurred to me that the SU! feather stamps and dies actually could/ do look like leaves too. Well I thought it was worth a try. I would have loved to add in some thin twiggy branchy bits but decided that was just complicating things a bit too much. My 'leaves' are a mix of ink and embossing in a lovely array of blue hues, brown and white. The base is watercolour paper and I started with a wash over that and then stamped some faint splatter. Then placed all the leaves and finished by stitching all around the edges and adding some detail to highlight the sentiment. Little vellum flowers finish it all off.

It looks much prettier in real life! My Dad saw it and said it was something special so I hope my Mum felt that way too.

Hope you can join us this week. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT to see some lovely projects.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless noted.
Stamps: Four Feathers, Butterfly Basics, Gorgeous Grunge
Cardstock: Lost Lagoon, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, Pool Party, Vellum
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Versamark
Accessories: Feathers framelits die, Itty Bitty Accents punch pack, watercolour paper (non SU!), Pool Party, White and Early Espresso embossing powders, Jewels - pearls, Double sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals, Sewing machine

5 comments:

  1. Wow Kim! This is just fabulous! The feathers do indeed look just like leaves - so clever - and the way you've arranged them and stitched around the edges and ends is stunning. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real "Wow" Kim, only you would see leaves in a feathers set! It looks amazing and l bet your mum thought so too. I miss you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree that the feathers look very much like leaves - great thinking! Love the stitching and those pretty little vellum flowers. I'm sure your mum thought it was something special. Feel better soon. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore this card Kim, especially the way the feathers mimic the leaves so beautifully! I really miss you girls, and wish I was back in our not so little house on the Gold Coast some days ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an amazing card Kim! Love all the feathers and they do look like leaves! Love how you've finished off the card with the stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!