Friday, October 25, 2013

JAI 188 Just add Grunge

Hello there,
well I did say last week that I'd worked ahead a bit and today I have another Father's Day card for you - this time it was for my DH. The challenge we have for you at Just Add Ink this week was just perfect for it - as this week we want you to Just Add Grunge. Think splatter, layers, messy - a little or a lot!


And here is what I came up with.
A very simple pop up element in the middle


I kept it all pretty simple, and tried to add lots of textural elements - like the stamped grungy layers and hint of burlap. I did love how embossing the chevron pattern looks! DH is a big fan of interactive cards and I'd glimpsed a card on my Pin feed that used an acetate insert and figured it should be easy to do - and it was! and still packs a punch - winner!

Adding grunge is a fun thing to do so do join us this week! Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT for lots of fabulous inspiration.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Positively Chevron, Gorgeous Grunge, World's Greatest (R), Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock: Basic Grey, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Very Vanilla
Ink: Basic Grey, Real Red, Crushed Curry, Versamark
Accessories: Typeset Alphabet BigZ, Bitty Banner framelits, small star punch (R), Clear embossing powder, Antique brad, burlap, acetate, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!