Friday, October 4, 2013

JAI 185 Just Add a Colour combo

Hello there, 
well the school holidays are here and this Mama has been enjoying not making lunch boxes this week - its the little things that make a different sometimes - lol! I've also got in quite a bit of crafting time (big smile) but I must admit I whipped up my card for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge a few weeks ago. This week we have a lovely colour combo for you.

I really am loving this Dahlia stamp from SU!, when I bought it, it was a bit of a gamble but its one that has paid off. It can be super modern or you can shabby it up a bit and it still looks fabulous!



Lots of inky goodness here, layering grunge, text and flowers. The main dahlia on the front and then one on the inside I embossed so I could watercolour over with Coastal Cabana and not have the Raspberry Ripple bleed. I dragged my white bakers twine through the Sahara ink pad to tone the colour down a bit and added some faux stitching to ground the sentiment then finished the card off white rhinestones and sequins. Fun!

Hope you can join us at Just Add Ink. Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Delightful Dahlia, Gorgeous Grunge, Background Basics: Text Style (Papertrey Ink)
Cardstock: Coastal Cabana, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Coastal Cabana, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Hearts a Flutter framelits, Print Poetry DSP (R), Clear embossing powder, Coastal Cabana ruffled ribbon, White Bakers twine, sequins, Jewels - rhinestones, Aquapainter, Tombow multi, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

3 comments:

  1. So many lovely details here Kim and so very pretty! How gorgeous is that Dahlia stamp and l love how you've layered it, very effective! As is that stitching on your sentiment tag! You never cease to inspire..:0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim this is such a bright and cheery card!! The grunge stamp really looks great mixed in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Kim! Love your layout and how you've used that pretty Dahlia. It's one flower I haven't splurged on yet - am still debating whether I'll get enough use out of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!