Friday, September 28, 2012

JAI 137 Just add a sketch

Hello there,
we had some fabulous and fun kids cards for the challenge last week at Just Add Ink. I think you're going to like what we have in store for you this week too, a wonderfully classic sketch. I was in full on Father's Day card making mode when this sketch came up so - yep you guessed it ;) today it's a Father's day card. The best thing was that my Dad was actually visiting when it was Father's Day which was really nice! Here's the sketch.

And here is what I came up with.

I literally pulled my Apothecary Accent die out of its delivery box to make this - sooo fun to play with new stuff! But it was worth waiting for as it was just perfect for this card and for that matter so was the "world's greatest" stamp. Ok granted I'm biased, but my Dad is the greatest - see perfect :) It's hard to go past a bit of rustic texture for masculine cards and that's definitely how this one came out. Texture from the lattice embossing mat, the woodgrain DSP, faux stitching (that was inspired by receiving a gorgeous card from a lovely friend - thanks Christine!!), vintage brads and a couple of banners to frame the "Dad" sentiments. In real life the inside did not have that dodgy grey spodging at the bottom I had to photoshop out what I wrote to my Dad and that was the best I could get :( Technology and I are still on a learning curve!
 
The DT have some wonderful inspiration for you so please go check them out and then go have fun with the sketch :)
 
Thanks for visiting,
Kim
 
Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: World's Greatest, Teeny Tiny Sentiments, Calender Alphabet and Numbers (R), Father's Day stamp from local craft shop
Cardstock: Garden Green, Early Expresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Expresso, Garden Green
Accessories: Apothecary Accents Framelits, DSP (R), Labels 4 nestability (Spellbinder), Double ended banner die (PaperTrey Ink), Square lattice embossing folder, Colour spritzer tool, Vintage brads, Mat pack and piercing tool, Dimensionals, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape (X Press)



6 comments:

  1. Kim a fab card for your Dad - Yay for new crafty things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card, have yet to ink this stamp up, looks great in those colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim, this is such a great masculine card - just perfect, for your perfect Dad! I love your faux stitching (a favourite technique of mine). I had to laugh about the 'dodgy grey sponging' - I did wonder!! Love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a perfect card for Dad! I love the shape of the dies you've used....I hope they didn't have to wait in their box for long :-).

    If you are using the full Photoshop I can help you with info about the clone stamp tool for 'removing' personal message from cards...if that helps.

    Have a good weekend. We have rain! It smells delicious :-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great masculine card and I am certain your dad would have appreciated and more for the fact that you put your heart into making it specially for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an awesome dad's day card! Love the colours, love the texture and shapes you've included. Totally the 'greatest'. xox

    PS: Good job on that dodgy grey - I'd have no idea how to get rid of text in photoshop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!