Friday, September 21, 2012

JAI 136 Just add children's/kids cards

Hello there,
oh my we have a fun challenge for you at Just Add Ink this week. It's to add children's/ kids cards. My gorgeous little niece turned 2 a month ago and I knew I had to make something special for her to go with the lego zoo set I had bought.



I first saw a lion made with the Blossom punch at the AUS/ NZ SU! convention this year - I think it was Kim Gavarra's presentation. Seriously just the cutest. My lion is a amalgam of Kim's and a few others I found while web browsing. I wanted my lion to be warm goldy shades which is how I settled on So Saffron/ More Mustard. The colour coach suggested mixing that with Rose Red which gave me a "pinky" shade that wasn't too pink and works remarkably well with the golden shades. Assorted blues and some green were also tossed into the mix and rather amazingly it all looks good together! The recipe details all the punches I used (lots). Sponging, delicate embossing, stitching, and ribbon all add lots of texture and interest - just perfect for a 2 year old. I loved how this one turned out and am kind of pleased that it's staying in the family too :)
 
Thanks for visiting and hope you have some fun with this challenge too!
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Party this Way (R), Fox and Friends (R), Happiest Birthday Wishes
Cardstock: Rose Red, So Saffron, More Mustard, Confetti White (R), Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Marina Mist
Ink:  Rose Red, So Saffron, More Mustard, Marina Mist
Accessories: Raspberry Tart DSP (R), Pear Pizzazz pleated satin ribbon (R), Punches (Large oval, Scallop oval, Modern label, Owl builder, Stocking (R), Blossom, 1 3/4", 1 3/8" 3/4" circles, Boho Blossoms, Bird builder), Linen/Canvas impression plate (PTI), Cloud 1 & 2 die (PTI),Buttoned Up 2 die (PTI), Sunshine dienamic (My Favorite Things), Crystal effects, sewing machine, embroidery thread, SNAIL adhesive, Double sided tape (X Press), Dimensionals

8 comments:

  1. That is the most adorable lion ever! Great use of that flower punch :D

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore your Lion Kim, he really is so cute and such a fun card for a 2yr old.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, Kim (as usual). Your colours are fantastic and your neice will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH KIM!! What a cute little guy - I can't believe you made this from punches.... clever girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GORGEOUS Kim. He is so cute. Love your colour choices too. Perfect for your niece!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card to bits, Kim! Your creativity always impresses me, and makes me smile. The stitching and the clouds are super-cute additions to this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kim
    Your lion is a total cutie & perfect for any little cub. Love the cute shiny nose & the fun background. Love the colours too. Hugs. D

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an adorable card Kim. Love his cute heart nose and the stitched number 2 is gorgeous too. I'm sure she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!