Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Make it Monday 2 - Sympathy



Hi there,

today was one of those rare days when I HAD to make a card, sadly it is one to send to my cousin whose mother just recently passed away. My auntie was a really special lady and will definitely be missed by the family!

I haven't made many sympathy cards (thankfully) but I knew I wanted to keep it simple and not too somber. The design was heavily influenced by Nichole Heady not any specific card but just the general style and design. I also incorporated the new Make Monday challenge see below for details.



So I started with a Chocolate base, layered that with a panel of Confetti White (SU!), which I then impressed with the Linen and Canvas plate, I also rounded all the corners. At the mid point I added some double sided tape and then added a strip of patterned paper that I had crumpled up and then "ruffled" into folds. Using brown thread I used my sewing machine to secure and accent the paper ruffle. For the focal point I used a Chocolate Mat stack 4 (impressed with Bookprint impression plate), layered that with a Mat Stack 1 (from Confetti white) stamped a frame, then added a stamped off leafy branch. Over the top of that I added a strip of vellum, and stamped the sentiment (yes I have finally got to the Make it Monday 2 challenge - added a vellum sentiment strip). I secured the vellum with a small strip of scor tape and then added buttons, threaded with linen thread to accent the central panel. the inside was finished off very simply to match.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe:
Stamps:
Mat Stack 1 collection, Turning a New Leaf, Through the Trees (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Confetti White, Vellum (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Always Artichoke, Early Expresso
Accessories: Mat Stack 1 and Mat Stack 4 dies (PTI), Linen and Canvas impression plate, Bookprint impression plate (PTI), Turning a New Leaf patterned paper (PTI), Ripe Avocado buttons (PTI), Corner rounder punch (SU!), Linen thread, Double sided tape (X press), SNAIL adhesive (SU!), Scor Tape, Tombow Multi, Dimensionals (SU!), sewing machine

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kim, sorry to hear about your Auntie but your card is gorgeous. I'm hoping to get an entry together for MIM too this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your Aunty, so sad. You made a lovely card :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!