Monday, February 16, 2009

Masculine Mojo

Hi there,

I really liked the sketch that Julee put up for Mojo Monday 73 this week. Here's the sketch.


Aside from the sketch my starting point was my choice of colours which were inspired by a t-shirt of my son. When I got out my colour wheel, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive and Black were the closest match to his t-shirt stripes, it seemed somewhat improbable a combination but I decided to give it a try. This is how it turned out...

I am quite pleased with the result actually. The only thing that doesn't come out clearly in the photo (overcast day here today) is that I used a clear glaze pen to go over the lighter bits of the tree leaves and trunk so you get a bit of a reflective sheen in the right light. I used the Forest branches cuttlebug folder on the top to complement the Old Olive DSP panel on the bottom, oh and the Happy Birthday tag was made by using the Terrifics Tag set and punching out a selected section using the word window punch. Finally to get the image I coloured in the tree with markers blending them a bit with a blender pen before stamping, after I stamped the image I went over it with an aquapainter to get a more blurry effect.


If I have time I will edit this later to add a pic of whatever I do to the inside - just haven't got there yet - and as the baby needs to go down for his nap soon and the computer is in his room I'm running out time. Not to mention Mr Linky closing.


I actually have another Mojo 73 card but I won't get that posted for a few hours at least (or worst case senario tommorrow) and might miss the cut off to please come back and check it out.

Card Recipe:
Stamps:
Lovely as a Tree, Terrific Tags
Card Stock: Tempting Turquise, Old Olive, Basic Black, Confetti White, Whisper White
Ink: Mellow Moss, Old Olive, Always Articoke, Chocolate Chip and Going Gray markers for the tree, Basic Black
Accessories: Pewter hodgepodge, Black Brads, Twill tape (19 mm), narrow Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, cuttlebug Forest branches folder, dimensionals, mat pack and piercing tool, snail adhesive

1 comment:

  1. Love your take on the sketch - male cards are so hard aren't they but this is fab! Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!