Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday Mojo


Hi there,

I was a bit ambivalent about this one when I finished it last night - but it is growing on me. I must admit I didn't find this sketch the easiest to work with - some how it just wasn't comfortable. Perhaps thats why I had to take a couple of liberties with the sketch to make it work for me.

My aim was to make a birthday card for an old friend who is reaching a significant milestone birthday – no, I’m not going to mention which one. I decided to try and use this weeks Mojo Monday sketch (or may 'be I should say last weeks given that its now the following Monday for us here in AUS).

I went for subtle girly colours – Close to Cocoa and Regal Rose and used Loves Me DSP (retired back in 2008). To give some impact I rock and rolled the large Eastern Blooms flower, and the matching smaller one, first in Regal Rose then Cocoa, then embossed them to give some shine.
A bit of distressing, cuttlebug, ribbon and some assorted rhinestones and that finishes it off.





Recipe
Stamps:
Eastern Blooms, Warmest Regards
Card Stock: Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White
Ink: Regal Rose, Close to Cocoa, Versamark
Accessories: Loves Me DSP, Clear embossing powder, Heat gun, Dimensionals, Scallop edge punch, Mat pack and piercer, Regal Rose wide grosgrain ribbon, Fire Rhinestone, Kaiser rhinestones, snail adhesive, sanding block, distressing tool, Swiss dots cuttlebug folder

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kim - how gorgeous!! This card is just beautiful. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and leaving such lovely comments. Your entries are fabulous as well - hope to see you in Canberra at the SU convention??
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors! What a fun birthday card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this -- great job on the sketch challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, this is gorgeous! I love your take on the sketch and the way you've rocked and rolled the flowers. Such a pretty card, wish we had this set in the UK! Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!