Friday, May 28, 2021

Just Add Ink #556 Slimline

 



Hello there, 
I set some time aside last week to get very very inky, I was quite happy with the end result and it was all for this week's Just Add Ink challenge. This week Lou has asked us to Just Add a Slimline card.


Slimline cards are a larger format card (mine is 8 x 3'4 inches), so the question is what do you fill all that space with - my first thought was flowers!




I wanted a gradient of colour in my flowers and foliage starting lighter at the top darkening as it moved down the card, so I pulled out - a lot - of my inks and got to work stamping bunches and bunches of blooms. Happy with the colours I then cut them all out (yes by hand - I probably have the dies somewhere, but I decided finding them was not the path of least resistance). For the base I used the partial die cutting technique to extend the stitched edge over the whole panel. I used blending brushes to add (once again) a gradient of colour, this time in blue to the base. I speckled that background with ink then started layering my flowers over. Once they were all adhered I swished over Wink of Stella to finish.

I quite enjoyed having a larger canvas to work on, the Just Add Ink DT have lots of great projects to show you so please go check them out then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Art Gallery, Fresh Bouquet (PaperTrey Ink)
Dies: Stitched Rectangles
Cardstock: Thick Basic White, Basic White, Basic Black
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento), Versamark, Polished Pink, Melon mambo, Fresh Freesia, Rich Razzleberry, Poppy Parade, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Merry merlot, Shaded Spruce, Mint Macaron, Just Jade, Soft Succulent, Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight
Accessories:  Blending Brushes, White embossing powder, Heat tool, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Tear and Tape, Paper Snips, Big Shot die cut machine (R)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!