Friday, February 28, 2020

Just Add Ink #494 Colour



Hello there,
this week at Just Add Ink it's colour challenge time! Di came up with a gentle soft palette of colours, which to be honest I found challenging but then that's what it's all about isn't it! So this week we want you to Just Add a Colour Combo, and here it is.




My stash is pretty low on wedding appropriate cards, so I used that as my concept for the design. To let the soft tones star I kept the background very neutral. Here's how it turned out.



So lots and lots of white, but since I don't like empty white space I white embossed a floral background adding a subtle texture. I water coloured the white embossed cake and flowers. This took several layers, letting each one dry slightly each time, so I could build up some depth of colour. I glammed up the front by using the Birthday dies, part of the Sale-a-bration coordination product release. This allowed me to add an extra layer of flowers and cut a very fancy stand in silver foil for my cake, as well as some silver sprigs. Lastly a swish of Wink of Stella and a sprinkle of rhinestones finish it all off.

The Just Add Ink DT have lots of lovely projects to show you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.


Product List
Birthday Dies
$47.00
Versamark Pad
$16.50
Heat Tool
$50.00
Aqua Painters
$20.00


Retired SU!: Big Shot die cutting machine


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!