Friday, December 1, 2017

Just Add Ink #388 Glitter


Hi there,
heavens knows what came over me this week, I knew I had to make a project for the new challenge at Just Add Ink (this week Rochelle is asking us to Just Add Glitter) and being pressed for time I was delighted to realise that a card I made for my April OnStage presentation using Colourful Seasons (that I had never posted) was just perfect. So instead of carefully detaching the exisiting sentiment (a non-Christmas one) what do I decide to do, remake it five times!! 



Here's how it all turned out.


My photo shoot helpers (the cards survived unscathed, well except the one that she (on the right) managed to bite before I could stop her! Would you mind getting a card with one tooth mark in a corner?




The most time consuming element of the card was probably the die cutting (because the snowflakes are so intricate) and layering of the silver glimmer snowflakes on top of the Dapper Denim ones. This gives a subtle but distinct shadow effect that is hard to capture in the photos. Worth doing but fiddly especially when you do it five times over! The inky background was created by sponging the colour on, spattering with water, then Wink of Stella, then adding some white gel pen dots.

The Just Add Ink DT have some gorgeously glittered projects so please stop by and see them and then come back and show us your project!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Project Recipe:

To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.


Product List
Versamark Pad
$15.00
Heat Tool
$50.00
White Signo Uni-Ball Gel Pen
White Signo Uni-Ball Gel Pen
$7.00
Big Shot
$159.00



SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. Stunning! I cant believe you've replicated it so perfectly 5 times over. That background is really beautiful Kim! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable Kim....your card helpers look like they are having so much fun and they compliment your colours so well too :-) And your cards are stunning - I adore the details in your backgrounds and the layered snowflakes are so delicate and elegant too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best photo shoot ever, Kim, & I for one wouldn't mind a toothy card that looks as all-round amazing as these. Your background is spectacular & the glimmery snowflakes make it a perfect little package. As always the details are a delight.
    Hugs, D :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning card but times 5 - it's even more amazing. Love your gorgeous helpers. I think a tooth mark just adds to the purrfect design of your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!