Friday, April 7, 2017

JAI #354 Inspiration


Hello there,
well I am a tingle with excitement today (a nice change from last week) as today I am heading to Sydney for OnStage event that is on tomorrow! It's very exciting to know that I will have the new annual catalogue in my hands in just one more day. Before I head off however, I wanted to get my project for this week's new Just Add Ink challenge finished. This week we have a legacy challenge from the lovely Trish who has just stepped down from the DT. She asked us to Just Add Inspiration. Here's the inspiration picture. Use the colours, the patterns or an element to inspire your project.



The intensely coloured flowers caught my eye and as I began to play with the colours I realised just how lovely they were together. Here's how it all turned out.





I am really in a phase of playing with colour and ombre transitions. So I began with a brayered mat (Daffodil then a thin tint of Smoky Slate). Then overlaid that with embossed vellum. Stitching that on added even more texture. Then I surrounded my sentiment with an floral bouquet and a scatter of sequins.

The rest of the design team has lots of gorgeous inspiration for you so do go check them all out!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Jar of Love, Birthday Blooms
Cardstock: Whisper White, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Sweet Sugarplum, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Crushed Curry, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Everyday Jars framelits, Stitched Shapes framelits, Seaside embossing folder, Sponge brayer, Metallic sequins, Wink of Stella clear, Dimensionals, Tear and tape

6 comments:

  1. The embossed vellum over your ombré background adds a wonderful depth and richness Kim, and I love how you've framed your sentiment with those vivid blooms too. I'm sure you would've had a lovely time yesterday and probably still haven't put the new catalogue down yet. Enjoy :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers - so pretty!! Love the embossed vellum and your take from the inspiration photo. Really yummy colors! TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boldness of these flowers - such a fresh and beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so lovely, Kim. Love the cluster of flowers around the oval, the ombre background & textured vellum. Fab card.
    So lovely to see you on the weekend.
    Hugs,D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty Kim - you've got me on this one with so many amazing things I love... stitching, vellum, SSP, Seaside embossing!!! Kelly x Pssst, my birthday is soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! The design and colours are a gorgeous combination Kim. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!