Friday, November 13, 2015

JAI #288 Just add a sketch


Hello there,
I have a fun crafty weekend lined up (big smile) as I am joining some of the Just Add Ink team in Melbourne for the first SU! OnStage event. I'm looking forward to a huge day of crafty inspiration and fun on Saturday and can't wait to catch up with some great friends!

But before I head off let me tell you about the fun challenge we have for you at Just Add Ink this week. This week we want you to Just Add a Sketch - another great one from Narelle
I had every intention of using stars on this card but at the last moment was diverted by snowflakes!


The inside - it's darker in IRL but somehow it came out very pale after editing! 


I mixed some of my favourite things here - watercolour, stitching and some bling. The only other point to note is that I used Typeset DSP but brayered over it with Night of Navy ink so it was coloured to match.

Hope you can join us this week. Don't forget to check out all the fabulous projects from the DT.

Thanks for visiting, 
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Flurry of Wishes
Cardstock: Night of Navy, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Ink: Night of Navy, Pool Party, Versamark
Accessories: Bitty Banner framelits, Damask snowflakes die collection (PaperTrey Ink), Snow flurry punch, Sewing machine, Silver glimmer paper, Vellum cardstock, Typeset DSP, Water colour paper (non SU!), White embossing powder, Jewels - rhinestones, Subtle candy dot, Candy dot brad base, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

6 comments:

  1. Stunning, Kim! All the deep blues, silver and white are gorgeous. Then you have the watercolouring which is so pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!...absolute stunner Kim. Love the watercolour background and the navy snowflake, very effective and the layered stack is such a cool way to use the sketch.
    Have a fab time at on stage local with the girls. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim I'm loving this pretty snowflakes and I think the watercolouring in the background is really effective!
    Hope you had a fab time on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So stunning Kim! The brayered DSP is so effective and I love the bold snowflakes on top of the gorgeous water colouring! So lovely to spend a little time chatting and crafting with you on Saturday! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your colour combo on this one, Kim. Just beautiful to see the different blues....I especially love the water colouring. So glad you had an awesome weekend away at On Stage. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is gorgeous! The snowflakes are a fabulous fit for the sketch and I love the colours you've used for your Chrissy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!