Friday, August 22, 2014

JAI 228 Just add a colour combo


Hello there,
well its been another busy week here BUT finally no one was sick this week - maybe winter is on its way out! We actually have flowers in the garden here so spring must be on the way too although the temperatures don't reflect it yet. So in the spirit of spring, and cause it gives me the chance to play with some more new stampin stuff ;) I have another flower card for you. This week at Just Add Ink we have a colour challenge for you from me! Here it is.


 I got to play with my new photopolymer background stamp set - love it!!


 Another week where I can't get the colour balance right for the inside!!! (Grrr)



I started out intending the card to be vertical but by happenstance had turned my gradient background horizontal and in one instant the layout changed. To do something different with the Blended Bloom flower I decided to step it up this week by colouring extra layers lifting them up with dimensionals. I trimmed out some stamped off leaves too for one side of the flower and added flags on the other side to balance it all out.

Hope you can join us this week and take the colours for a test drive. Do check out the rest of the DT for some fabulous inspiration.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Blended Bloom, Dotty Angles, Kinda Ecclectic, Four You
Cardstock: Calypso Coral, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White
Ink: Calypso Coral, Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Calypso Coral blendabilities, Apothecary Accents framelits, Arrows embossing folder, 2013-15 In color sequins, Black glaze pen (Sakura), Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

3 comments:

  1. My dear friend Kim!
    MATE what are you talking about, the inside is super great AGAIN!!! (but i do know what it feels like to not be happy.... honestly it looks fab!!!)
    As for that flower..... it might well be making my wish list!!! YOu do the most amazing things with paper!!!! I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for the inspiration!! Pleased to hear that no-one's sick and Winter is most certainly on the way out even here in Tassie!!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! Week after week you create these masterpieces! That background is fabulous, as is your bloom and as for the inside...Gorgeous as usual. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love when a little mistake can create something completely different to what you had intended? Love that you went with a layered bloom, it sure looks fabulous! x

    PS: Inside looks perfectly fine to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!