Friday, September 27, 2013

JAI 184 Just add bows

Hello there,
we are on the verge of school holidays here. School holidays are often quite hectic but you do get those moments when you can just chill, and no making lunch boxes up at 6:30 am is definitely a welcome bonus! 

However, when I made my card for this weeks Just Add Ink challenge I was thinking ahead to the big event at the end of the year - Christmas. This week we want you to Just Add Bows -  a really versatile challenge. Check out the rest of the JAI DT and you'll see what I mean!
My Christmas Just Add Bows card


I began this with a different idea altogether. But as I was cutting some red bows the thought crossed my mind that if they were green I could make a wreath with them - and that's what happened! Embossing them adds the shine factor and the woodgrain effect background a bit of a rustic feel. The wreaths topped off with a big diecut glittery 'merry' for that extra Christmassy touch. It was kind of fun putting it together! Hope you can join us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Bells and Boughs (PaperTrey Ink), Wonderful Words: Holiday (PTI)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Real Red, Gumball Green, Whisper White
Ink: Gumball Green, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Accessories: Woodgrain embossing folder, Corner rounder punch (R), Bells and Boughs die, Wonderful Words: Holiday die, Real Red glimmer paper, Jewels- rhinestones, copic marker, White and Clear embossing powder, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

1 comment:

  1. Great Christmas card dear Kim! I love that idea of the bows, such a clever thought!! As for your inside, it's wonderful how it continues from the front!! Very Merry indeed!
    Smiles Sharnee :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!