Friday, September 6, 2013

JAI 181 - Just add a colour combo

Hello there,
well spring has sprung here - its sheer delight to feel the warmth of the sun and smell the delicious flowery scents in the air. So it might seem rather incongruous to present you with a Christmas card this week but time is ticking by folks - lol! - time to get that Christmas card production into full gear ;) Of course I used the challenge we have for you this week at Just Add Ink - a colour challeng,e for my card. It makes for rather striking trendy Christmas colours! 
But in all honestly this was my second go round. But I did like how this turned out.

More new Christmas goodies to play with here. I used the new Stylish Stripes folder and DSP pattern stacks to play with diagonal patterns. I did try one little trick with my embossing folder. First I embossed one half of the front white mat and then flipping the folder over so the stripes meet in the middle and embossed the other side. Despite a rather tricky start with the colour combo this second go just came together - and I think I'll play with it  some more! Do check out the rest of the DT for fabulous colour inspiration. Hope you can join us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe:All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: O Holy Night
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Bermuda Bay, Versamark
Accessories: Stylish Stripes embossing folder, Neutrals and Brights DSP stack, Silver glimmer paper, Wine Bottle Tag die (Papertrey Ink), Martha Stewart border punch, White embossing powder, Basic Black 3/4" chevron ribbon, Bermuda Bay 1/8" taffeta, Silver 1/8" taffeta ribbon, Jewels - rhinestones, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

3 comments:

  1. Kim this is a lovely Christmas card and I especially like how you adjusted the stamped greeting on the inside of your card to coordinate with the front panel. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Kim! A super way to use such bold DSP and genius idea with the EF! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This colour combo really works for Christmas. There's just enough shine to make truly classy. i'm going to follow you...see what other gorgeous makes you have in store!
    … and thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Hope to see you around soon.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!