Friday, May 17, 2013

JAI 166 Just add a colour combo

Hello there,
well welcome back for a special two week - lots of the JAI team are away at the South Pacific SU! convention challenge - you can't tell we are excited about that can you  - lol. Ok so what is the Just Add Ink challenge? - well its a lovely colour combo.

And here is what I came up with.(Apologies about the dull lighting - with winter coming on here in Aus the window for decent lighting is pretty narrow :( )

The top down foliage, if I can put it that way, was inspired by I card I saw a few weeks ago on Pinterest. I was intrigued and I must admit I'm glad I had a play with the idea - cause it turned out nice! To lighten up the colours I added a lot of the detail by white embossing, and of course you get that lovely shine and texture as a bonus. To fill in the gaps between the larger flowers I added little punched ones dressed up with pearls.

This is a lovely colour combo - it has such a fresh feel. Do check out the rest of the DT for some fabulous inspiration. Hope you can join us!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Fabulous Florets, (Think Big Favorites #12, Vintage Labels - PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Midnight Muse, Lucky Limeade, Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Ink: Lucky Limeade, Midnight Muse, Versamark
Accessories: Tea for Two DSP, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Adorning Accents Folder, Boho Blossom punch, White embossing powder, Heat gun, Midnight Muse stitched satin ribbon, Lucky Limeade bakers twine, Jewels - pearls, Glue dots, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

4 comments:

  1. Wow Kim you've done a fab job with this colour combo and made a very feminine card!
    Can't wait to see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GLORIOUS, Kim! I love the garland of flowers across the top, and you've achieved a lovely balance with the challenge colours. Great card; I love it. Looking forward to seeing you next week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the layout Kim, it's so nice to see flowers used so differently and so beautifully!
    Can't wait to catch up with you next week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful Kim! I love the array of flowers in the challenge colours and your layout is fabulous!
    Can't wait for next week - getting a bit nervous actually!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!