Friday, January 27, 2012

JAI 102 - Just Add Kathy Tanner


Hello there,
well this week at Just Add Ink we have a chance for you to be really inspired! The challenge this week is to case one of the team - Kathy Tanner. She is one talented lady so I have no doubt you will enjoy finding something wonderful to CASE! I loved the card I choose to case at first site. Here's Kathy's card.

And here is my spin on it


I was still working in pink mode when I made this one - so its all Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink on a Confetti White base. I got to try a couple of new things here - which is always fun - I inked up my embossing folder with Pretty in Pink and then embossed and I used the tulip frame embossing folder for the first time!! It took a little bit of jiggling and fiddling to get the "squares" (they turned out as rectangles in the end) the right size. Then more jiggling and fiddling to get the "squares" arranged in an order I thought looked good. I sponged around all the edges and also added some PIP accents to various swirly and butterfly bits. The front was finished off with some scalloped Mambo ribbon and a sentiment medallion. Got to say I love this elegant design and it was a real delight to CASE Kathy. So I hope you get the chance to as well!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Creative Elements, All a Flutter, Clearly for You, Watercolor Trio (R), Bliss (R)
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Confetti White
Ink: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink
Accessories: Framed Tulips embossing folder, Final Press embossing folder,Lots of Tags sizzlet, Large oval punch, Scallop Dots ribbon Melon Mambo, Silver brads, Brayer, Blender pen, Double sided tape (X Press), SNAIL adhesive, Dimensionals

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I think I'm going to have to CASE both beautiful cards. I loved Kathy's original card and just love your take on it in different stamps and in pink!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous! I am going to steal this idea for the background on a scrapbook layout :o) absolutely lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Kim, and a lovely tribute to Kathy's style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully cased Kim, l would never have thought to use pink on this design, but it looks wonderful, especially with your stamp choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim I love your pink take on my card. It's so pretty!
    You have bettered it by making a beautiful inside for the card too (something I'll admit I very rarely can be bothered doing, oops).
    Thanks so much for your lovely words about my work. We're part of a great team aren't we? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!