Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Inkspirations 50 - A Little More Christmas


Hi all,

this week Makeesha set a colour challenge I just couldn't resist - even though I was up to my eyeballs busy - we are well and truly in that mad crazy run up to Christmas! So want to see the tantilising colour selection? - here it is!


I was still in a Tree Trimming mood but wanted use the biggest Christmas tree in the set (PTI has a die for this tree but sadly mine is currently lost in mid Pacific limbo - ah well may'be it will arrive next week). My idea for the card kind of evolved as I went along but this is how it ended up.



Starting with a white base, I layered that with a Razzleberry mat, then added a white mat. I used a long Christmas sentiment stamp to add a Tempting Turquoise border all around the edges of this layer. Then I added another white mat - this one embossed with a swirl pattern to tie in with the tree image. For the tree itself I inked up the stamp with Pear Pizzazz and stamped on Whisper White, then masked the bottom so I could add a Choc Chip base. Then I trimmed the whole tree out and SNAILed it down over the embossed layer. I also added a strip of Pear Pizzazz ribbon to ground the tree. To finish the tree off I added a Turquoise star, and button and two Razzleberry buttons. The inside was finished off very simply with a decorated sentiment.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Crazy for Christmas (R), Tree Trimming Trio (PaperTrey Inc), Vintage Labels (PTI)
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Swirl cuttlebug embossing folder, Tempting Turquoise and Rich Razzleberry buttons, small Star punch (R), Silver brad, Pear Pizzazz 1/2" poly ribbon, white embroidery thread, SNAIL, Double sided tape

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kim! Your swirly tree looks fantastic on the white debossed background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the buttons on the tree and the embossed BG. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirations this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!