Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My first suite challenge


Hello there again,

Yes, I got another challenge stuck in my head this week, I decided to have a go at Dawn McVey’s Raspberry Suite Colour Challenge for the first time. Here’s her colour pick.
I have some recently acquired Lemon Tart buttons (PTI) and found they match fairly well to SU Barely Banana or Saffron. I went with the banana, I also decide on using Baja Breeze as the aqua, largely because I had more accents that match with it, although I suspect a lighter shade of aqua might have been nice to use. Here’s the end result.



Ok starting with a Chocolate Chip base I added Barely Banana layer, then on the right hand side a Baja layer that had been cuttlebuged with the Swiss Dot folder. For the left hand side panel I stamped some Confetti Cream with tiny Choc chip dots (using PTI’s Polka Dots Basics). Over the meeting point I added a card length strip of Chocolate Chip that had been scalloped down the RHS. I added a strip of Baja satin ribbon over that. For the image panel I used another PTI stamp from Every Button Bits, I inked up three of the four flower stems and stamped it onto some Confetti cardstock. Two of the flowers are lemon tart buttons and the last is a Baja corduroy button with a smaller lemon tart button layered onto. All the buttons were threaded with linen thread, and then stuck down with Tombow glue. The button panel was layered on some Chocolate chip and then placed so that the scallop centre element added a decorative finish to its RHS. The sentiment is from SU’s Trendy Trees. I stamped it in Choc Chip on Baja then used the Word Window punch to punch it out, added a So Saffron brad to the “o” in you. The both panel and sentiment were mounted up on dimensional.

The inside was as usual finished off simply with some more flowers using punched cardstock and DSP for “button” flowers.

Hope you like, and thanks for visiting.

Kim

Recipe: All SU unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Trendy Trees, Everyday Button Bits (PaperTrey Inc), Polka Dot Basics (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Barely Banana, Confetti Cream, Baja Breeze
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Cuttlebug Swiss dots folder, Scalloped Edge punch, Word Window punch, Baja satin ribbon (Valet Ribbon Originals), Lemon Tart buttons (PaperTrey Inc), Baja Breeze Corduroy button (R), So Saffron brad, Linen thread, dimensionals, Tombow adhesive, SNAIL adhesive, double sided tape.

5 comments:

  1. oh gosh - this is beautiful! I've been meaning to have a go at this challenge - the colours are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your creation - you've done a great job!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And as usual the inside looks just as good as the ouitside! Great job TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love how you've decorated the inside as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMW - too cute! I absolutely love every element of your design. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Kim, this is one gorgeous card, i love what you have done with the buttons.. bec xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!