Saturday, January 24, 2009

Kristina Werner Colour Challenge # 38

Hi there,

well this was my first go ever at a Kristina Werner colour challenge, I have been watching everyone all over blogdom doing them and finally I took the plunge and did one. As I hadn't started my blog yet I posted this to the Eastern Blooms gallery on Splitcoaster as well as to my album there. Here are the colours Kristina chose:



Circles and flowers and Eastern Blooms were all still in my head and so I incorporated a bit of all of that into the card and I wanted to get some texture in there as well. So there are lots of little details - rock and rolling of the central flower as well as clear embossing it, cuttlebug embossing of the mount behind it and piercing of the punched circles that make up the scallops on the central element, the brads etc. I wanted it to reflect her inspiration photo as well - so that is why I went with the Petals wheel - it had quite a bit of white space in it and the flowers are actually quite similar to those seem on the notepad. Anyway here is my card and the recipe will follow.



Recipe:
Stamps: Eastern Blooms, Petals wheel, So Many Sayings
Card stock: Whisper white, Ruby Red, Pretty in Pink
Ink: Ruby Red, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Mat pack and piercing tool, Large oval punch, Word window punch, 3/4" inch circle punch, Fiskars circle template and cutter, Dimensionals, Ruby Red brads, Crimper, 1/4"inch Pretty in pink grosgrain ribbon, Swiss dots cuttlebug folder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!