Friday, October 13, 2023

Just Add Ink #674 Colour

 



Hello there,
time for a new challenge over at Just Add Ink and this week Rochelle has a bold colour combination for us to play with. Here it is.


I decided to see if I could get the colours to work for a Christmas card - I think I succeeded!



I played around with graduations of colour for this project. For the sentiment panel I used reinkers to layer strips of colour on a wet wipe and them used that as an ink pad for the large sentiment. On the background mat I used a snowflake stencil and blended Berry Burst and Pretty Peacock ink over a Fresh Freesia base. When I started I honestly wasn't sure if this mix of colours was going to work but by the end I was feeling pretty happy with how it turned out. The gold accents add that essential bit of Christmas bling.

The Just Add Ink design team have plenty of colour inspired projects for you so please go check them out and then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Joy to You
Dies: Radiating Stitches, Stitched Rectangles (R)
Cardstock: Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Berry Burst, Gold foil
Ink: Berry Burst, Fresh Freesia, Pretty Peacock
Accessories:  Abundant Beauty Decorative mask, Festive pearls, Gold cord, Die cutting machine, Subtle embossing folder (R), Dimensionals, Tear and Tape 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!