Friday, July 5, 2019

Just Add Ink #464 Colour



Hello there,
oh my I struggled to photograph my card for this week's new Just Add Ink challenge. The short winter days make finding some daylight when I'm actually home is a real challenge! So please forgive the dull tones to my photos this week. This week Jackie is asking us to Just Add a Colour Combo, here are the colours.




I had an idea in my head for a card for my niece who will be turning nine soon, this is how it came out.




The actual making of the card was a pretty straight forward process. I coloured my mermaid,    with SU! blends, then brayered some white card stock with a gradient of Soft Sea Foam and Granny Apple Green ink. Next I die cut as many seaweed's as I could from the coloured piece. To add some sparkle I also added some silver foil and silver glimmer seaweed into the mix. I swished my mermaid with Wink of Stella, added some Dazzling Diamonds to her tail, and of course added a liberal sprinkle of sequins, which double as bubbles rising up around my mermaid.

Tip: If you are wondering how I got that white frame on my sentiment it's simple! Run your die and card stock through your die cut machine, then leaving the die in place, get a white gel pen and draw around the inside of the die. Then remove your die and this will give a perfect frame!

In real life, this is very pretty and has the enough pink and sparkle to make a nine year old girl thrilled. The Just Add Ink DT have many beautiful projects to show you so please go check them out. Then come back and join in the challenge.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim


Project Recipe:
To see and order any items used in today's project, just click on the items below to see them in my Online Store. You can order from me if you live anywhere in Australia. I would love to be your Demonstrator if you don't already have one. Please allow "Demonstrator contact" in your preferences so I can thank you properly when you place your order.



Product List
Versamark Pad
$16.50
Heat Tool
$50.00


Retired/ Non SU!: Big Shot, Metallic sequins, White gel pen





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!