Friday, March 3, 2017

JAI #349 Inspiration


Hello there,
well not much has changed; however, our weather has moderated - yippee - I'm loving the more mellow temperatures but I'm still busy, busy, busy. I did have fun putting together something for this week's new Just Add Ink challenge. This week Patrice has suggested a very colourful Just Add Inspiration challenge. Here's the inspiration picture.


And here is what I came up with.


The inside.

Funnily, as soon as I saw the inspiration picture the first thing I thought of was using the new succulent set from Stampin Up! Originally I had intended to have my shelves all on one side with the rainbow of coloured succulents trailing down. But, somehow it didn't look right and I needed to find a spot to fit in the sentiment too! Then the idea of putting the sentiment on a shelf occurred to me. That and staggering the shelves was the solution! I also added some substance to the shelves by glueing together three layers of cardstock. The difference is subtle but it does make a difference. Finishing touches included a rainbow of sequins, liberal application of wink of stella and some little random dots of colour.

The JAI design team have some wonderful projects to get you inspired so do check them out and then join us for the challenge!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Oh So Succulent, Hardwood
Cardstock: Smokey Slate, Whisper White
Ink: Flirty Flamingo, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Cucumber Crush, Tempting Turquoise, Perfect Plum, Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Accessories: Succulent Framelit dies, Brights DSP stack, Silver glimmer paper, Crushed Curry baker's twine, Tombow multi, Fine Tip glue pen, Tear and Tape, Dimensionals, Sequins (Miscellaneous)

4 comments:

  1. So vibrant and bright. Who knew succulents could look this good? Fabulous use of the colours in the inspiration pic, Kim. Not sure if I like the outside or the inside better lol. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome is this colourful succulent wall..Love the concept of this Kim and as usual your beautifully decorated inner. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the best succulent card I've seen, Kim! I adore how you have them trailing down the wall on shelves. The colours are so vibrant and detailed and really pop against your white background. Love the inside arrangement as always too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspired use of the photo Kim - I just love this succulent card!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!