Friday, February 5, 2016

JAI #297 Just add a colour combo



Hello there,
well school holidays have finally wrapped up here and I have very happily settled back into the school routine as that means I actually get some stamping time!!!!! (and yes all those exclamation marks are very warranted ;) However, I did have to get one project done before school holidays wrapped up. The new Just Add Ink challenge this week - Just Add a Colour Combo from Nikki - was just perfect (as was the new SU! Blushing Bride glimmer paper) to glitz up something for my darling daughter. Here's are the colours.


And here is the super glitzy creation!




When my DD saw me putting together a water colour and glimmer creation - she instantly said that's what I want for my birthday! So who was I to argue ;) Using the new Blushing Bride glimmer paper was definitely a fun way to use my new Sunburst thinlet.  I added a little extra detail to the rays by adding a line of machine stitching. Then finished off the card with a scattering of sparkly sequins.

The rest of the DT have lots of wonderful other ideas for using this colour combo so do go check them out. Hope you can join us this week!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless other noted
Stamps: Sunburst Sayings
Cardstock: Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Whisper White, Vellum
Ink: Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Versamark
Accessories: Sunburst thinlet, Balloon framelits die, Starburst framelits, Circle punch, Scene it Skyscapes collection (PaperTrey), Numbers border die (My Favorite Things), Blushing Bride glimmer paper, Blushing Bride embossing powder (R), Sewing machine, Sparkling Clear sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Jewels - rhinestone, Fine Tip glue pen, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)


5 comments:

  1. I really love this gorgeous card Kim and I bet your daughter did to! Your attention to detail is always spot on. It's a perfect sparkly creation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim certainly loads of sparkle on this card!!! I really like the added stitching detail on the starburst. I'm sure your DD will love this card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Such a gorgeous sparkly card Kim! So special for your daughter to choose it for herself too :-) I love the stitching details and the mix of textures and sparkles and the water colouring peeking from behind. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool does this look in glimmer! Totally see why DD would be claiming it, it's so pink and sparkly and the stitching detail is a great effect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well this is definitely shimmery and gorgeous! Love the water coloured background and the stitching detail. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!