Friday, December 18, 2015

JAI #293 Just add a gift tag



Hello there,
how is everyone coping with the crazy time of year? I will have to admit to feeling somewhat overwhelmed at the moment. I know eventually everything will get done - but I'm a way off from that point yet.

This week at Just Add Ink I set the challenge - to Just Add a Gift Card. I deliberately timed this challenge at the point when I knew I would be needing to get gift card holders ready for some of the older kids in my family. Since they just get a gift card I always try to make the packaging something special and different each year. It worked perfectly and they are in the post!

Hope the challenge proves to be as useful to you as it was to me!

Here's what I came up with this year.


A close up of the gold versions.


And the silver versions.


So where's the gift card? Turn it over and it's all revealed.


Opened up to reveal the gift card.


I have to admit I love the combination of the Softly Falling embossing folder and the Sleigh Ride Edgelits (my first pick from the SU! Christmas catalogue -sadly retiring :( ). A little glitter edging adds the Christmas glitz and the bell adds a fun interactive touch (the gold ones were salvaged from the neck ribbons from Lindt Easter bunnies - I knew they'd come in handy one day - lol!). The little star tag was added so I could right in the kid's names.

We'll be running this challenge for two weeks to take us across the Christmas period (closing date Dec 30) so you'll have time to join us and show us your great gift card ideas. Do check out the rest of the DT for some inspiring gift card ideas.

Thanks for visiting and a very Merry Christmas to you all - may it be happy, safe and fun!
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: None !!!
Cardstock: Garden Green, Night of Navy, Real Red, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Ink: None !!!
Accessories: Gift Card Envelope and Trims thinlets, Sleigh Ride Edgelits, Softly Falling embossing folder, Tiny Tags die (Papertrey Ink), Gold and Silver glitter, 1/4" score tape, Tombow multipurpose glue, Silver cord (R), Gold cording trim, Mini brads (R)

6 comments:

  1. So effective Kim! Lovely choice of colours and as always your details are perfect..:0) Merry Christmas lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim you're not the only one who's feeling under the pump at the moment!!! Hopefully the new year will bring some relaxing times for you. I really love the little bells you've added - so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfectly timed challenge, indeed. Love the way you've 'dressed' your gift cards up - that strip of glitter and the addition of the little Christmas bells is really adorable. I'm sure your nieces and nephews are going to love their gifts. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Kim! I love the addition of the sparkle and the bells - so elegant and fun all in one!! Yes, I too join you feeling under the pump....but hope you have a wonderful and relaxing Christmas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable and Creative Sleigh Ride scenes. I have used my framelits for so many card and tag projects this year too. Can't believe they are retiring! I have not paired with my Softly Falling EB folder. Thank you for the idea. Loved how you added your cording and bells too. Merry Christmas Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great idea, these gift card envelopes are awesome Kim! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!