Friday, October 23, 2015

JAI #285 Just add a colour combo


Hello there,
DH and I had to plan out the big summer school holidays this week. What I realised in the process was that those holidays are only nine weeks away which means Christmas is ten weeks away -eeekkk! I know the time is going to rush past so you'll be seeing a few more Christmas cards from me. Speaking of which the new challenge at Just Add Ink - to Just Add a Colour Combo from Nikki was I thought just perfect for pulling out my favourite angel. Here's the combo.


And here is what I came up with.



First I worked out which colours were going where on my angel. Then I got to add lots of lovely foliage to frame her.  At the last minute I decided to die cut a window out of my Slate woodgrain mat and inset the angel layer rather than layering it on top. Of course I had to add some glimmer (what's an angel without some shimmer!).

So can you see yourself making something with these lovely colours? Do join us this week and share it with us. Don't forget to check out what the rest of the DT did with the colours this week too!

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Love Lives Here: Holiday (PaperTrey Ink), Bells and Boughs (PTI)
Cardstock: Mint Macaron, Smokey Slate, Whisper White
Ink: Blushing Bride, Mint Macaron, Night of Navy, Smokey Slate
Accessories: Lots of Labels framelits, Woodgrain embossing folder, Love Lives Here: Holiday dies (PaperTrey Ink), Bells and Boughs die, Doubled ended banner die (PTI), Silver glimmer paper, Blushing Bride embossing powder (R), Winter Frost DSP (R), Jewels - rhinestones, Dimensionals, Tombow multi,  Double sided tape (X Press)

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love that you've put the angel in the centre of the card too! I can't believe just how quickly this term is flying by - Christmas will be here before I'm ready I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well thanks for the reminder of just how soon those holidays are going to roll around - not. I'm in absolute denial this year, I just don't have time for it :o(

    Love your pretty angel, and especially all the gorgeous glittery bits. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems Christmas will be here before we know it! Your Angel is so pretty and sparkly Kim and I love how you've framed her in the woodgrain and with the foliage too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always love your angel creations Kim and this one is beautiful in this weeks colours, a perfect match..:0) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!