Friday, August 21, 2015

JAI #276 Just add cards for males



Hello there,
despite a freezing cold wind there are hints of spring around - my first daffodil bloomed last weekend and for me that always carries the promise of spring! It also means that it's not long till it's Father Day here in Australia. To get prepared Just Add Ink usually runs male oriented challenge this time of year. So this week our challenge is to Just Add Cards for Males suggested by Jan. It can be for whatever purpose you need one - birthday, father's day - or even a masculine style thank you card.

Here's what I came up with - something fun for my DH's upcoming birthday. There is a little surprise inside!


Brace yourselves for a few photos now.
First, what you see when you open the card.


Now you start moving the magnifying glass over - can you see the secret message start to appear?


And finally all the message is revealed!

  

I always have to come up with something interactive for DH's cards and this year I couldn't go past playing spy and having a secret message he can discover. I know this is going to tickle his funny bone! I think I will get a lot of use out this spy set for the kids and DH in years to come :)

Hope you can join us and show us what you think is a great card for a male.

Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Secret Agent (PaperTrey Ink), BG Notebook Paper background (My Favorite Things)
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Cucumber Crush
Ink: Cucumber Crush, Real Red, Pool Party, Basic Grey, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Secret Agent dies (PTI), Colored transparency sheet (Pure Poppy) (PTI), Spiral tab punch, File Tabs edgelits, In color envelope paper, Real Red brad (R), 1/8" circle punch, Linen Thread,, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

6 comments:

  1. Goodness what an impressive card, with a secret message inside. WOW, just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kim this is AMAZING!! Wow oh Wow! So interactive and the secret message and magnifying glass are just so unique and fabulous. I am sure your DH will be blown away by this card !! And this set goes on my wish list for brothers and nephews alike -exciting!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, yet again you knock it out of the ball park! Like seriously Kim...this is amaze-balls!!!! LOL
    An awesome interactive card and no doubt it will give him a laugh. Love it!
    Lou xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, how cool and fun is that! Love the interactive idea and l'm sure DH will get lot's of amusement value from it..:0) Another fab creation Kim!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing the card front I was thinking this is a design that suits a man, having all those words that spike their curiosity. But the inside? Can a card get any more interesting than this? I don't think so, I think this is a super clever design! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is a very creative, fun and wow card. How clever is this card? Love the theme, the colours and the layout. Your DH is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!