Friday, January 31, 2014

JAI 200 - Just add inspiration

Hello there,
this week the challenge at Just Add Ink is to Just Add Inspiration. The lovely photo Nikki picked made me think back to this past Christmas when my Mum was talking about her childhood on a farm in Europe. Both conquered up images of green fields waving with grasses and bright yellow flowers.


And here is what I made of it.



My first thought was to emboss the flowers and then watercolour over to get an emboss resist effect. I was aiming for a very earthy, natural feel and I think this worked with that. On the inside I stamped them and then blurred out the colour a little. I really liked how both turned out and I think Mum will too!

Hope you can join us - and don't forget to check out the rest of the DT for some wonderful inspiration!
Thanks for visiting,
Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Meadow Greens (PaperTrey Ink)
Cardstock: Naturals White, Garden Green, Crumb Cake
Ink: Crushed Curry, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Versamark
Accessories: Epic Day This and That DSP, Large scallop edgelit, Window Frames collection, Regals button (R), Linen thread, Pinking edge scissors, dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press)

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! Spotted this over at Just Add Ink and wanted you to know your work is appreciated. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim I love how you have created that beautiful effect with watercolouring over the embossed flowers and how you have put your greeting label together on the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gorgeous! Your Mum is going to be stoked with this card Kim. I love the memory story behind it. It has translated onto paper beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just perfect Kim! Love the story from your mums childhood and the way you've embossed and sponged the flowers. The details are a really lovely finish. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim I love this technique you've used and it really made those pretty flowers pop right off the page. Your Mum will adore this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, with lots of unique "Kim" touches. I love the story behind this card, and have no doubt your Mum will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so lovely Kim! What an absolutely gorgeous flower image you've used - I just love the sponging you've added to give your card further dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is stunning Kim and your mum is going to be thrilled. I love the white embossing - it's so fresh. The inside of your card is just as gorgeous! So beautifully made xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful Kim and I really love the effect you have created around the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!