Monday, July 2, 2012

JAI - July scrapbooking challenge

Hello there,
well this is a first for me - a scrapbooking post! Like many of us papercrafters my initial desire was to scrapbook but found the allure of the cards too great. Juggling house, kids and work  - it's alot easier to slot time in to make a card than a scrap page. I think perhaps because scrap pages really tell a story that is for keeps I always feel they have to be perfect and so they take alot of thinking and ALOT of time for me to put together! Last years total was 2011 = 1 page. So one resolution I started the year with was to do more in 2012. Now this is actually my 4th page for the year - woohoo - that's a 300% improvement over 2011 already :) However it is the first ever page about me!!!! which I thought was perfect for this months Just Add Ink's scrapbooking challenge :) -  Just add hidden journalling or memorabillia.  Well after all that chat - here's the page ;)

 Did you guess where the journalling was? Yes there they are pulled out of their hiding places tucked in pockets under the photographs. And no I didn't do a super photoshop job hiding the journalling I was just in a hurry to photograph the page as soon as I had finished it, and figured I could add the journalling later - lol.
And cause it's a scrap page a few close ups of some of the details :)


I started out using this sketch from Creative Scrappers (#207) I thought it would be perfect for capturing a fun, bright, busy, chaotic feel - which convention kind of is ;) I started with a mat of Chocolate chip, then added a slightly smaller mat of Pumpkin Pie DSP, scrunched and inked at the edges. Then I played around with some of the different patterns from the retired Sweet Stitches DSP. Once I had a basic layout worked out I started scrunching and inking all the edges. Then just snailed them down. The flowers were all die cut (base layer from DSP), then scrunched and inked and then finished off with buttons and twine. Before I could sew everything down I had to work out where all the tickets were going, and then I just zoomed around stitching down all the borders except, very importantly!! the ones I had to leave open on the RHS of the photos so I could slide the journalling tags under. I turned my convention title letters into stickers by adhering the cardstock to the Big Shot multipurpose adhesive sheets then die cutting the letters. I also couldn't resist adding some pom pom trim too :)

I'm so glad I've had the chance to scrap these photos and remember them! I had so much fun at Convention 2011, meeting many of my Just Add Ink team mates in the flesh for the first time - we had so much fun!!, catching up with other "old" friends. The picture of the lovely Di Barnes on the page is to remember those special momments and of course a picture of Shelli and I.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed this little peep into my convention 2011 experience.

Kim
Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Calendar alphabet, and numbers, Tiny Tags (SU!), Just the Ticket, Mini Scrapbook Series: Library Ledger, Library Ledger Year Additions, Flower Fusion #11 (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Chocolate Chip,  Naturals Ivory, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, Early Expresso textured
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories: Timeless Type alphabet sizzlet, Punches (Scallop circle, 1 3/4" circle, Jewelery Tag, small Heart) Two Tags BigZ die, Fun Flowers BigZ L die, Blossom party originals die, Just the Ticket border die (PTI), Large scallop border die (PTI), Sweet Stitches DSP (R), Pumpkin Pie DSP (R), Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango pom pom trim (R), Twine, Hawaiian Shores vintage button (PTI), Daffodil Delight button, Ice Cream Parlor button (R), mini Silver brads, Pinking shears, Sponge, Dimensionals, Big Shot multipurpose adhesive sheets, Double sided tape (X Press), SNAIL adhesive, sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Hello lovely Kim!
    WOW you totally ROCKED this scrapping thing.... perhaps there will be more to come!!
    I love the colours, flowers, all that stitching and the way you've added the extra greetings and words! Great page my friend!!
    Well done!
    Smiles SHarnee :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of the details! They're amazing. I'm now following you and hope you'll follow me.

    Happy Stampin'

    Terry
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many good memories Kim! Your layout really reflects the colour & fun of our time in Melbourne at convention. Can't wait for Brissy! Love all the details like the beautiful flowers & the little pom pom tag. Hugs my friend. D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page Kim - absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!