Friday, May 6, 2011

JAI 67 - just add a sketch


Hello there,

I'm going to hop right into it this week and tell you about this week's challenge at Just Add Ink. This week we want you to add a sketch (see below) one thing we do want you to note is that this challenge will run for two weeks, as the vast majority of the team (me included - Hooray!!!) will be at the SU! Convention in Melbourne, and otherwise (and very happily) occupied for a while. So here is the sketch.

And this is what I did with it.



I was feeling a bit whimsical when I was putting this one together, and I thought Aviary would be a good set to use to suit my mood. So after flipping the sketch I got down to work. So I started with a Whisper White base, then added an Early Expresso mat and then some Pink Pirouette DSP. I cut two white panels, stamped a cage directly on one and the stand on the other. Then I added a couple of extra cages mounted up on dimensionals. Going with the flow of my whimsical mood I added some curly label edging, and rounded the corners of the base panels. Of course I had to add my birds (in Melon Mambo) one climbing up to say hello to the other. I also added a sentiment and had some fun stitching that down to the card as well as adding some extra decorative stitching. The last touches were some buttons. The inside was finished off with two cages and this time both birds are out ;) Initally unsure I ended up really liking this one!

Thanks for visiting and why don't you have a go at the sketch - it's a good one! Things will be quiet around for the next week or so - as I will be off galivanting in Melbourne :O. But I will be back!

Kim

Recipe: All SU! unless otherwise noted
Stamps: Aviary, On my Couch (PaperTrey Inc)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Early Expresso
Ink: Early Expresso, Melon Mambo
Accessories: Curly label punch, Modern Label punch, Raseberry Fizz buttons (PaperTrey Inc), Pink Pirouette DSP (R), Corner rounder punch, white embroidery thread, sewing machine, Dimensionals, Double sided tape (X Press it)












10 comments:

  1. Cute card, and I love the stitching and most especially the curly label punchies used, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card Kim. I love the way you've used the curly label punch. And I love the way you've given those birds freedom from their cages too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Kim!! Gorgeous as always!
    Have an awesome time in Melbourne - I won't be joining you this year as I'm not allowed to fly :( Will have to catch you in person again next year (with bub in tow!).
    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE what you did with the sketch - very whimsical indeed. See you in a few days!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever use of the sketch Kim, the colours and the punch border are so effective, love it!
    Really looking forward to catching up with you in a few days...:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty creation. Love those bird cages. too cute.

    Liam

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute card-love the aviary set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Kim. Love that you flipped the sketch and your stitching adds a perfect finish to a cute to boot card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous! And thankyou so much for sending it to me!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, great use of this set! I like the birds and sentiment combo :D

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment!